“Nice atmosphere, Good Service”

Olde Brick House Deli & Eatery
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed having breakfast here! Service was great and food cooked to our specifications. A nice meeting for those who want to talk and have a nice breakfast. We will return.

1  Thank Nambe91

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a very laid back cafe. The staff was exceptionally friendly and funny. We never wanted for service even though it was busy. The food is simple but excellent. Best Ruben Sandwich I have ever had - called the Upstater with home made potato chips - they were a little over done but still enjoyable. My husband and son had the steak sandwich and raved about it. All sandwiches were laden with meat and toppings and came with chips and a pickle. You can have fries for a small fee. They were also warm and gooey with cheese. It obviously was a hot spot for the area because it was very busy. They do offer breakfast but that stops around 10 I think. I highly recommend it. It was so good, we went back a few days later when we were in the area. Loved it.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast and they only have one waitress, but she hustled! Didn't get the eggs the way I like them but most places seem to have trouble getting fried well done correctly. Pancakes were delicious as was the bacon. My husband had French toast; best he's ever had(really? Even mine?) and the sausage was the large banger style and great! Overall very good breakfast. Looks like they have tons of sandwiches for lunch too. We'll have to try it!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I am scheduled for surgery in Amsterdam and during the many pre-op visits, have been searching for a good lunch restaurant. After many disappointments, we finally found the Olde Brick café. We seated ourselves at a booth and were immediately greeted by our waitress. The coffee was freshly brewed and the cups frequently refilled. My Italian wrap was truly delicious and the creamy Cole slaw was crisp and spot-on to my taste. Companion's roast beef sandwich was medium rare, as ordered, and tasted like roast beef should, not of spices and injections. Very good homemade potato chips and a crisp dill accompanied both.
I took half of my wrap and slaw home for dinner (got to watch my a1c, you know).
Thus far, this has been the best lunch in Amsterdam, New York!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

A friend of mine visited me after a recent surgery and took me to the Olde Brick House to eat breakfast. First I must say it is very handicapped accessible with a ramp. You have your choice of sitting in a booth or at a table. I ordered the Hungry man and he had the French Toast and sausage. The waitress was very nice and the food tasted excellent. This has been the best trip to this place yet.