“Great sandwich and service”
Review of Shorty's Southside

Shorty's Southside
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Met friends for lunch yesterday and was greatly pleased with the service, quality and generous quantity food served.Husband and I had the reubenwich was delicious and we chose coleslaw as a side ( many side choices). Friends had the club sandwich which was huge, and Mac salad that they too really enjoyed. We are all seniors and like to share meals when restaurants don't mind, as our appetites aren't that big. These folks have NO problem with that and give you EACH the generous side you ordered. BTW, the club sandwich our friend split was so big, I STILL would thought home half of my share if we had ordered That! Quality, Value, Servise here!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Took the family in for dinner on a Saturday evening. In additiion to their impressive menu they had a number of nightly specials.We began with french onion soup which was fantastic. Lots of flavor and the cheese was perfect. We tried the fried pickles and everyone was impressed. Our server was polite and attentive. Burgers were over sized and jam packed the way they should be. I had the Eggplant dinner. It wasn't breaded and seemed to be missing some flavor. Italian antipasti is always terrific.I wish they had a second door to block the ice cold wind that came in every time someone came in or left. Reasonable prices and a fun neighborhood tavern.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My son and I visited for a late meal after a busy day. We were greeted by the owner and seated right away. We ordered a pasta dish with chicken and an eggplant sandwich. Both were outrageously good. The service was good. The bar was loud but that's to be expected in a neighborhood joint. All in all, a great experience provided by a family that's been involved the food business for decades. I recommend it and will be back many times in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great little restaurant for all kinds of sandwiches. Try the fried pickles, they are the best in the area. We tried the soup, wings and hot sandwiches. All were very good. The sandwiches were enough for two. Bring your appetite and a little money-the food is very good and very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you're looking for huge portions and great food and service you can't go wrong here. Great menu and specials.