“Have the teriyaki burger”

McDonald's Narita Airport 2nd Terminal
Ranked #40 of 1,057 Restaurants in Narita
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Reviewed 6 August 2017

As others have noted, this is a fairly standard McDonald's. The one exception, of course, is that because you're visiting in Japan you have a totally different menu selection. I highly recommend the teriyaki hamburger. Its smothered in teriyaki sauce and have a healthy dollop of Japanese mayonnaise. Really tasty.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Typical McDonalds outlet in Japan. Clean, fast affordable. Only difference is, 4 tables with 16 chairs total for the whole store. You'll probably end up eating standing. Just the same, food tastes great. Cheaper than most fast food stores.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Never seen so many employees at one McDonald's. The service was fantastic. Seating is very limited. Order up one Soft Serve Cone. the server felt I said cup of CORN . . . I know they have a bowl of buttered corn. It was a easy purchase using my VISA card.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

So, I am not a McDonald fan. But, kids hate food on airplanes, even kids meals. This McDonald's has saved the day when we transit through Narita. Not a healthy choice, but saves the day for sanity!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

This is a very efficient McDonald's. Your order is ready almost as soon as you finish paying for it. So, no waiting at all.

It is filled with North Americans and Europeans.

There is not much difference in the taste of the food as between North American restaurants and Japanese restaurants. The only thing that I found is that the food, especially the fries, is piping hot. I almost burned the roof of my mouth on the fries. This is true of the McD's that I went to in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. I also believe that the sodas/pop are smaller. I always got coffee, and that was the same size as North American McD's.

There are pictures with all the meals, so you just point an order. This is the case with all McDonald's that I went to in Japan.

Tokyo and Osaka (not the airport) have the most expensive McD's. I found the prices to be about $0.50 more than they are in Toronto or Boston. It is cheaper in Kyoto. The Kyoto pricing was the same or even a bit cheaper than Toronto or Boston.

In this terminal, I believe that this is the only Western option after clearing security. There is a matcha/coffee shop, but I think that it only sold baked goods. There is another McDonald's before clearing security. The other options after clearing security are more expensive or are kind of sketchy in the central food court hub. There are only convenience stores and duty free after that central area.

At Narita, I tried the McTerryiaki, which is a pork burger. It was different...not horrible, not amazing, but it was cheaper than the regular burgers and was filling enough.

The problem here is the limited seating. There are only about 10 seats, so you have to grab one while you can. There is enough space for luggage, so it is not hard to wheel in and out of there, or sit with your luggage if you get a seat.

1  Thank travelandshop2014