Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$349
PricelineUS$349
Booking.comUS$349
eDreamsUS$349
CheapTicketsUS$349
Orbitz.comUS$349
1,568 results
All reviews free drinks mountain view room stayed two nights japanese standards steep hill fireplace lounge hakone onsen clouds yen
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021

This is simply of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my life. From the Japanese minimalist impeccably elegant décor to the exceptional service by all staff (front-desk, restaurant, managers) to the most delectable food I've had in a hotel. There is simply no comparison! It makes me so happy and so relaxed to visit every time I can. Their 3-hour "free flow" happy hour is fantastic and the quality of free drinks (champagne, wine, cocktails) is of the highest quality. The fireplace at the lounge is very cozy and relaxing. The onsen facilities are the best! I cannot stress enough how amicable, welcoming, caring, friendly the staff in the hotel is which elevates your experience to the next level and makes you want to come back again and again!

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Guillaume787
Reviewed 1 April 2021

Staff treated family and I like royalty, I been to over 30 countries, even Abu Dhabi, but none come close to Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa. Best breakfast ever! Room was spotless and 4th floor with a view on superb private balcony. Japanese outdo themselves on separate large bathrooms and heated toilets'. Japanese are there to please so Customs and curtsies, and politeness are second nature. Location was tops too from surrounding areas to visit. Spas onsen leave ones skin soft the next day or two from one days visit! Prefect bed meant prefect sleep!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 22 March 2021

A very quiet and confirmable hotel at Hakone. The location is ideal with either taking public transportations or car. Train stations are within walking distance although it is a steep hill walk. The rooms were very spacious, especially based on Japanese standards. Bathroom was good but the toilet was not connected to the bathroom, which was a bit odd. The bed was firmer side but not too hard. Pillows were soft and good but better to be larger, which is what I like. We stayed two nights and had French courses. Anything before the main courses was good but main was a bit disappointing. My kid got stakes the first night. The meets were gamey. My wife took Spanish mackerel poele but it was fishy. to offset here bud memory, I bought a good Spanish mackerel after I came home and made a good poele for her. I had Duck and it was okay but did not leave me anything to impress me. On the second night, the restaurant has changed our menus. Three of us took Lobster and Scallops with Americaine sauce. It was good. My daughter took Lamb chops. It was underdone and gamey. My daughter likes medium-rare. So, it was like rare. But starters were very good and the first course which was risotto and soup were very good. It would be good to take a la carte that the full course and pick what you would really like. Wine selection was reasonable, the prices were what you would expect in these restaurants. The lounge serves free flow of bubble, wine, beer, a cocktail of the day in the evening. The lounge was confirmable. There was a drawing room with some books. Overall, we had a good confirmable stay, but dinner main courses were a bit disappointing. We may go back there again but we would not go with the full course. We will pick what we want. The restaurant was supposed to be French, but it was not really like French but some international cuisine. Breakfast was at what you would expect at these places, good. My wife and son said that the Japanese breakfast was very good. The one last thing, the hotel does not offer a gym. The roads around the hotel are all very steep slopes, with no flat roads. If you like trail run, you may find a good place to run but not for easy jogging.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Yasuo S
Reviewed 27 December 2020

This was our second visit to this Hyatt Regency (Hakone) and it was fantastic. As mentioned in this title, the staff is amazing, friendly, helpful and goes out of their way to ensure their guests are well attended to. Great food too! Clean rooms, free drinks by the fireplace (4:30 to 7:30). What more could anyone ask for?

Room tip: Request a mountain view room
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank Mattsumotosan
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

Only spent night here But Much better than expected, patisser Kazato also makes G’d sweets wiz tradition. Main Chef for the meal gives expectations what to come next...
Usual dish isn’t same small or slight twist or creativity in making or taking process of making meals...

Arrangements to fit every appetite is also impressed

Also server confidently mentioned meals over extended nights are available...

Personally highly recommend private dining room very cozy n feel at home.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple