Open today: 10:30 am - 10:00 pm

Book in advance
from
S$275.23
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Shinyokohama Ramen Museum
from S$275.23
from S$192.66
from S$1,467.87
from S$128.44
1,025 results
All reviews ramen noodles bowl downstairs shop japan restaurants stalls varieties
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

Here are my two cents. Overall, the place was easy to navigate and the ordering machines made it quick and painless to select what you want. Most places don’t have much extra toppings to add but they do have a couple of different ramen dishes to choose from. Most importantly, they offer mini portions (at least of they most popular dishes)

1) Ryu Shanghai Honten - Spicy Miso: the broth was definitely very rich and I enjoyed the hint of sardines. Unfortunately it was too salty and almost inedible for me but it was my husbands most favorite place.
2) Roahiri ramen Miraku - Soy Sauce: they have a regular and spicy version and we tried both. The spicy was really not hot but I did like the chilly flakes they used. I enjoyed this one especially with the thicker wavy noodles. The broth was rich and had a heavy seaweed flavor.
4) Muku Zweite - Tonkotsu/Soy: we did not order their signature dish which is pork and seafood broth but opted for the pork broth only, as well as a special dish made with German ingredients. The pork Tonkotsu broth was to die for. It was by far my favorite of the day - it was rich and creamy and very well balanced. The German one was weird at best, it had sourkrout mixed in which for me ruined the flavor and f the soup. One thing I did not enjoy here however was the pork meat - it was a thick slab of bacon and it was way too fatty to eat.
7) Hacchan Ramen - Tonkotsu: this was my second favorite of the day, especially after we added a generous amount of garlic and spicy sesame oil to the broth. The soup is packed with pork flavor and you can definitely taste the pork bones and marrow. I also enjoyed the thinner noodles here and the flavored egg we added.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

Definitely the best Hakata lamen in Kanto area! If in Yokohama it’s a must to visit place and Hakata lamen a must to try!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 9 May 2019

What a fun place to visit. The museum takes you from the earliest AD times to present day times of Ramen. The most fun is to go to the restaurants downstairs where you can enjoy various ramen dishes with authentic movie scene type restaurants.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank shallowroots1
Reviewed 8 May 2019

I visit this museum because I am a ramen lover. I learn the history of ramen in Japan. The food court is kinda cool. I feel like I went back to the old days. We enjoyed the ramen there!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2019

We were looking for the Yokohama Cup Noodle Museum but since we were out of time already, we tried this museum instead which was just a walking distance from our hotel.

The small museum was devoted to the history of RAUMEN in Japan. Surprisingly, it wasn't just a simple museum or souvenir shop at all.. we found some stairs that led us the main attraction below. It was like we were transported somewhere in time..

They recreated food courts to look the same way they did back in the year instant noodles was invented.. in 1958. VINTAGE!!! There you can enjoy different kinds of ramen, beer and some entertainment (also vintage) with your family and friends.

Oh and not to forget their signboard.. that magical moving chopsticks lifting noodles from a bowl.. COOL!!!

Date of experience: September 2018