Lowest prices for your stay
US$58
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Priceline
US$62
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I felt the warmth welcome the moment Sizuo picked us up from Nikko JR station. Both Sizuo and Keiko make us really felt at home and take all measures so that we understand the food we eat and we are comfortable for our stay. Sizuo does not mind making endless trip to drop or pick up guests despite our different arrival or departure time even if this is within an hour. They are so nice that we just want to make sure that we do not give this couple more work or trouble. The food is delicious. Make sure you order ahead so that you could enjoy the delicious dinner at leisure and specify what you can eat and can't. I forgot to tell them what I could not eat, but. Sizuo and Keiko immediately dish out something to replace it. Sizuo San and Keiko San thank you for your warm welcome and hospitality!

If I get to visit Nikko again, I hope to stay at your minshuku again.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ytl123
Reviewed 11 November 2012

the best place I have stayed in Japan by far.
Although it's a bit far from a station (about 20 minutes walk or so) but it's still in a walking distance and you can enjoy the view of a river.
The room was very nice. fully equipped.
The dinner is the best ! don't miss !
and the owners are very cute and helpful, i really like them.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2012

we stayed here two nights for a visit to the temples in Nikko. It was the best experience during our 10 days in Japan. The owners are so sweet and helpful. The room was nice and big enough.
I regret we only had dinner one evening, it was nicely presented and very tasteful.
The owner picked us up from the train station and dropped us of again. They speak good english, compared to a lot of other people in japan.
I would love to go back there

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at Rindou-No-Ie for two nights during our visit to Nikko. Only thing we regret is that we didn't stay any longer there! The owners, Shizuo-san and Keiko-san, were most friendliest and made us feel more than welcomed. We highly recommend to take the dinner option. It was definetely the best meal we ate during our trip to Japan! Shizuo-san even adjusted the dinner to fit our vegetarian diet. Also the breakfast was excellent. Room was clean and matched our expectation.
There's a traditional Japanese bath in the shared bathroom downstairs which is worth trying. After a full day of hiking it was really relaxing. We were able to leave our baggage there for the last day and Shizuo-san delivered them to train station upon our leave.
For an authentic minshuku experience we highly recommend this excellent place!

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This was our first experience with a ryokan, so I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect. It turned out to be one of the best weekend get aways we've had! Shizuo-san and Keiko-san made us feel totally welcome and made our weekend in Nikko as easy as possible. Shizuo-san picked us up at the train station and allowed us to drop off our bags while we went sightseeing. That evening, he drove us into town, and after dropping us off at our restaurant went in with us to ask the staff to call him when we were finished eating so he could pick us up! What incredible service! Since this was our first stay in a traditional Japanese home, we were a little unsure of the etiquette, but our hosts were very patient in explaining everything, and I'm sure overlooked some of our faux pas with grace. To be honest, I was very hesitant about the communal bath and shower. I am the type of person that will pay extra for an en suite. But, the experience was so amazing, it was really easy to appreciate the tradition of it all and not get caught up in my hang ups. Add to this the delicious (and beautifully presented) breakfast and the fantastic value, you just can't beat the stay at Rindou-No-Ie.

Date of stay: August 2012