Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$61
US$58
Agoda.com
US$62
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We spent 2 nights in this cosy Minshuku. The interior of the house was so cute, full with wonderful small decorations and the atmosphere was so inviting that we felt at home. But most of all it was the friendliness of the owners that made us feel so good. We arrived on a rainy afternoon and were already spoilt with a nice warm deep bath (the Japanese style). The couple did all they could to make our stay as nice as possible.They gave us lots of information on Nikko and Sizuo drove us two times to a typical restaurant and one evening even to the Syungyotei Onsen a few miles out of town in the middle of nature. It was an unforgettable experience to sit in the warm water outside between the trees, specially as it was getting dark and the trees were lit.
Breakfast was a great experience too, completely Japanese style and so refined. It must take a lot of time to make everything so perfect. Though the railway station is not very far away Sizuo insisted to take us back by his car. We always will keep good warm memories of Rindou-no-ie and can recommend it to everybody liking to stay in an authentic Japanese minshuku.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you're staying in nikko, I would recommend staying in this ryokan! While it is a short walk from the town itself, it's a nice walk, and the owners will pick you up from the train station and drop you off! The breakfast was delicious, unfortunately we didn't get to try the dinner but I imagine the quality would be the same. Everything was clean, we got maps and directions to the attractions around town and places to eat. The room itself had a tatami floor, with heating and tv, and we were given a Japanese tea set upon arrival! Had a lovely time in nikko, and would stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Upon checking-in, Sizuo provided a detailed map highlighting the attractions, restaurants, supermarkets etc around the vicinity.

He also sent and fetch me from the onsen even though I wanted to walk there myself. He insisted as it was too dark to navigate around. True enough, walking in the dark would be quite daunting as the street was not well-lit.

Breakfast was sumptuous. Definitely a must try. The tea set in the room was changed daily and was very refreshing. The room, bathroom and toilet were spotless. Even though it was a communal bathroom, they provided a sign for you to have private shower.

Both Sizuo and Keiko offered warm hospitality. Whenever I am back in the guesthouse, Keiko would step out of the kitchen, greet and converse with me about my day etc. Definitely made me felt like I was going home during my 2 night stay.

Highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking to experience a traditional japanese minshuku!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed here for two nights, the ownder was incredibly kind and helpful, he gave us lots of info about Nikko and surrounding areas, and he even dropped us back to the train station when we left, very kind of him and we very much appreciated it! The house was sweet, very Japanese! A couple of things that might matter to some people that we didn't know until we got there though:
- the rooms have sliding doors, with no locks. For us this wasn't a problem as we had no valuables!! But it might bother some people, and we did have another guest pop into our room accidentally at one point...!!
-the ownder appeared to have a cat, pr at least there was a cat walking around the house. This didn't bother me at all, but my friend is allergic, but as we spent most of our time in our room rather than in public areas of the house, this didn't affect her much as we don't think the cat went in our room! So, this wasn't a problem for us, but it might affect some people, if scared / allergic etc.
But all in all we very much enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

It is a cute japanese house. We stayed only one night and we liked too much. It has a totaly calm and warm atmosphere, it is very clean and comfortable. Especially, the owner, Ohfusa San, is a very kind, polite and helpful person. The hotel has a shuttle bus service from the station and if you walk, it takes 15 min.
It is a very good option to stay there; good price, good service....

Date of stay: December 2012