Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Agoda.com
US$56
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/12/21
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I had to stay at Kansai Airport Washington Hotel for a night and meet up with my family the second day at the airport. My flight got delayed but luckily the last hotel-airport shuttle bus was at 23:35 so I did not have trouble like some other travelers (problems getting to their hotel or B&B).

The room is tiny but clean, I had a good night rest and their breakfast(1000yen) was a pleasant surprise! Its buffet style restaurant served both traditional Japanese and Western breakfast (Their coffee/espresso was even freshly grind but not just coffee pack!), my tummy was very satisfied that morning.

This is definitely not a hotel for vacation (the room is very basic), but convenient and serve its purpose very well if you are on a business trip or just need to stay close to the airport for a night or two.

By the way, they do not have wireless in the room but only in the lobby area the time I stayed. Hopefully they will get this fix and it would be more perfect.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mochi-paws
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The shuttle bus makes this sound like a little gem, little is about right, but gem is no word to describe this hotel. It's small, dirty and you're glad to get back on that shuttle bus and get the hell out.
Don't let the nice lobby fool you, the rooms don't live up. The service was ok but the old dingey rooms aren't something to write home about. It is good only for the shuttle bus (which several other hotels also offer
If you're caustrophobic you won't like this place, the bathroom is the size of a toilet cubicle and the room isn't much bigger.
Very expensive for what it is.......

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Okay - so why are you considering this hotel - because you will arrive at or leave from Kansai airport - so your needs are probably fairly basic - the hotel will meet these needs - it will not excite, it will not make you want to spend more time there, but then you probably didnt intend to !

On Sunday night we arrived by bus and were made to fill in check in forms before going to reception to check in - all I wanted was my room and my bed - bit officious but there you go.

Bus runs only every hour at certain times of the day - I arrived at Kansai on the express from Kyoto, conveniently timed to arrive just as the hotel bus departed - rather than waste a complete hour I went to McDonalds for "food" . . . note - Kansai is on a man made island, there are hotels at the airport, this isnt one of them ! - this hotel is on the mainland . . .

If you arrive at Kansai by air - leave the airport on the ground floor - turn left, follow the "decreasing bus stop numbers" you'll arrive at "group area South" - the bus leaves from stop S11 - there is a timetable on the back of the bus stop . . .

Breakfast was bearable but nothing special - once again, in a rush so suited my purpose - no English Tea . . .

Hotel is close to Rinku town JR station - the comment previously about arriving from Kyoto, stay on station, take next train to Rinku ought to work - I might try that next time - if there is a next time ! - it would beat an hours wait for the transfer bus (Hotel quoted 3000 yen for taxi transfer)

Room tip: Stay at one of the airport hotels instead !
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Nick J
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I am writing this review at 3.53am from this awful hotel. It's about 30 degrees in this hotel with the air conditioning on. Ha - there's a choice : auto, low or high; they're all intermittent. I would change, but we arrived at midnight and we have a flight at 7am.

The light switches - where the hell are they? Actually had to remove bulb of one.

It's tired, shabby and horrible hotel. Last laugh is on me, I've already booked it for my return stay. Damn.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Carolinemv89
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here for an early flight, and I chose Washington because it offers free shuttle bus to and from KIX (15min ride). Although you can easily hop on a train one station away. Shuttle bus run from as early as 6.05AM local time, the second one is 6.15AM. You have to reserve a seat in the reception when you check in, and they will give you a ticket.

From Rinku Town Train Station, just take exit 5 and walk straight to the second floor of the hotel (which also has Family Mart and hotel restaurant). You can go to your room via Family Mart entrance. But if you haven't check in, go down escalator near restaurant to the lobby entrance.

No wifi in rooms, but there's a few computers to access internet in the lobby (not free of charge). Toiletries provided like towels, yukata, soap, shampoo. Can't remember if there's hair dryer. Vending machine is available on every floor, but when I was there almost all of them run out of mineral waters. I even tried almost every floor, but no luck for me.

You can walk via the train station to Rinku Premium Outlets, passing through a mall (SEACLE) with a giant ferris wheel. Various food choices there if you don't want to eat in hotel's restaurant. However the surrounding is kinda quiet at night, even on 7pm.

Date of stay: August 2012