“Great sushi”

Hajime Zushi
Ranked #5 of 1,037 Restaurants in Beppu
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I want to reiterate the other glowing reviews. I've eaten at some of the best sushi restaurants in New York, San Francisco, and Tokyo, and the quality of the fish here was fantastic. I've never had raw squid that I liked, so I was disappointed to see it on my plate - but this was fantastic.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had trouble finding the place, even with the notes from TA. So ... I asked a chef on the sidewalk who was taking a smoke break. Good decision #1. We were the only customers there the entire time. It felt like we had come to a friend’s family for dinner. The hosts were that welcoming and relaxed. Next we ordered the middle priced option. All dishes were very good. Imagine what it would be like to have an old friend who is a sushi master chef.

Recommended as a highlight of Beppu and our visit to Kyushu. So delicious and so carefully and lovingly executed. At the end the master chef offered to take our pic with him. Absolutely wonderful evening.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This is not just the best sushi I've eaten. It is the best food I had in my life so far! Deluxe portion costs 3000 but it's worth way more! Sale was great as well. It's a family run business with great desire to make you happy. Chef is extremely positive and very welcoming. My whole Japanese trip would be worth just for this restaurant! Wonderful

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Hajime Zushi is a hidden gem of Beppu. It is a bit difficult to find, but it is worth the effort. Do not miss it! We ordered twice the same (conger is the best!)

1  Thank Noor8888
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The price was reasonable and they were extremely kind and welcome us.
Also the sushi was fantastic. It was very fresh and delicious. I will visit here again if I come to Beppu next time.

1  Thank CymaPark