All reviews small hill uphill walk luxury feel ihg member kokusai dori different kinds parking fee is shopping area monorail station convenient location minutes walking distance bed was comfortable comfortable stay stayed here for nights taxi gps okinawa
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The rooms we had did not come with double beds. The whole tour group had to make do with twin beds and there were 7 buseloads of us. Difficult to open our bags.
However we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast_ loved the bacon and ham and the omelette is so cleverly cooked. lots of juices to choose from.

The pool was closed for the winter so we had nothing to do in the hotel.
Kokusai Street was only a short 10 mins walk away and we spent the free and easy day there.

The staff was helpful and polite and made our stay quite pleasant.

Room Tip: they are short of double beds.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Public acknowledgement:

Hello DLkkkhee,

Thanks for staying at our hotel and leaving an honest review. I'm sorry the size of our beds fell below your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and shared with the team to help improve our services.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and gave the hotel a 4-star rating for the overall service. Rest assured that we will continue to provide an excellent service.

Don't hesitate to stay at our hotel again!

Have a great day!

Peter J
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

It is a hotel located in the city yet still need 10-15 minutes walking distance to reach the shopping area. And, room and bathroom is smaller than expected but overall is a comfortable. Breakfast buffet is wonderful! Fresh salad provided and variety of choice(Japanese or international food) and most importantly and ambience is wonderful! Enjoy the breakfast so much!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

There happened to be an IHG Accelerate bonus promotion at the time of my booking.  One of my offers was to redeem a cash and points booking with any IHG hotel and I'd get a big bonus.  I ended up being able to book the ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa for 10k IHG points and $87.20USD.

Getting To ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa From The Airport:

Take a taxi! It will cost you 1500JPY or less and is absolutely worth it.  I wasted almost 2 hours getting here (while walking would have been 50 minutes) because I didn't expect Naha's public transportation to be so inefficient...but that did remind me of Los Angeles.

I didn't have the greatest experience staying at the ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa since it started with me walking to the hotel and arriving at the backside of the hotel with no entrance.  Then I had to walk around the city block to get to the entrance (curse you Google Maps!)

Using Hotel Points to Book with IHG:

IHG is Intercontinental Hotel Group which is made up of the Intercontinental hotels, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and more.  There points are pretty useful and my favorite all-time redemption is the Intercontinental Osaka. Bow game strong.

The cash and points rates fluctuate based on the cash rate of the hotel stay.  For my one-night stay at the Crowne Plaza Okinawa, it was 10k IHG points and $87.20USD.

The Hotel:

I arrived at the hotel after walking from the station in the rain. It was a tough uphill walk that led me to the backside of the building with no entrance.  I was tired and just wanted to sleep.  Let me breakdown my day: I worked a full day in Los Angeles, took the redeye flight to Taipei, had a layover there for 12 hours and spent it eating food, then continued to Okinawa and spent way too much time trying to get to the hotel.

The Room:

It was late and I was tired. I requested a non-smoking room but got a smoking room.  That was obvious by the scent of the room and the ashtrays. I took a shower and went straight to sleep.

Would I stay here again? Nope. Considering the cost and location, you're going to have a much better time at the Hyatt Regency Naha.  There's not much to eat in immediate walking distance of the hotel, but I did find a place that served black curry.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello blorgDOTorg,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry for the shortfalls you have encountered with the room which was provided to you. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love. We hope you would consider staying with us again in the future and see the improvements made.

Best Regards,

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Vientiane 1 night 1 2 BD PREMIUM 2 PERS NON SMOKING.This is convenient location can walk to Kokusai Dori and near Tsubogawa Station.all Staff are efficient friendly and helpful.breakfast is the Good Breakfast various food.room is good view.Buffet dinner is great value.Great Fitness, Pool and Shop in the hotel.

Room Tip: Buffet dinner is great value
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We spent our last night of Okinawa trip at this hotel. Overall it was pleasant experience. The name “harbor view” is quite misleading because there is no harbor view—we stayed at the highest floor and could see a tiny top of industry boats, so don't expect any ocean front room. Naha’s streets are pretty narrow and lots of one way street around this hotel, make sure to check map/GPS if you drive. It’s an old hotel from the 80es refurbished in a very nice way, spacious lobby, room is small but clean and comfortable. I really liked those little extras in the room e.g. variety of tea bags and sleeping package. Like any other Japanese hotels, service was friendly, efficient and quiet. Walking distant to the touristy shopping street, a couple of convenience stores around as well. Breakfast was relaxing and with good food selections. It was a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: It's a city hotel, not much view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple