Lowest prices for your stay
US$64
Free cancellation until 02/12/21
US$68
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$55
Hotels.comUS$68
PricelineUS$62
Destinia.comUS$109
All reviews all you can eat hotel bar rooms are clean and spacious the hotel staff japanese food short drive hotel room aeon
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2019

Wonderful surprise and gift received from this hotel for being an Expedia Gold member.

Hotel is accessible by car, all the way up to the top, so you have a view inside the room. Location is quite good, you can drive to American Village within 30 minutes and drive to Uruma town (whereby the shopping malls are all there) within minutes. Free parking.

There are staff who can speak English, room is huge for Japan standard.

Room tip: Any floor will have a view
Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank liting2015
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We were in the hotel during the typhoon and I would like to say the hotel did a great job in some very difficult conditions. The power went out in the early hours of the morning so we woke to the emergency lighting and howl of the wind. Only one of the three lifts was working but we soon discovered the stairs. The staff still managed to supply a buffet breakfast as the rain lashed down. We still had hot water and some of the power points worked, as did the hotel supplied smart phone. Lunch was a simple affair supplied for free by the hotel. During the wait for dinner there was an impromptu acoustic concert from a band staying in the hotel. The hotel assisted us with changes to flights and car hire, overall very well managed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank IanH74
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The rooms were very clean and we were welcomed with a wonderful welcome gift for being an expedia vip upon checkin! The breakfast buffet was excellent. The sushi restaurant was wonderful as well. Parking is free but we had trouble finding parking on the nights that we got back late. Really close to aeon rycom. There is nothing within walking distance so you absolutely need a car- there is limited sidewalk in the area and it is very difficult to see oncoming cars.

The gym was kinda gross. The equipment is very old (the belts on the treadmills were very frayed, kind of a safety hazard?) and there was nothing to wipe down the machines.

2  Thank sidney0226
Reviewed 17 September 2018

While most of their staffs were courteous and professional. Mr. Tamang & Ms. Ishihara (who claims to be the night supervisor) put the hotel to shame.
My wife, my 2 y.o. and I stayed at the Grand Mer for 2 nights... my 2 y.o. & I slept on the corner bed (see photo), we used the main blanket to pad the wall (it didn't look clean...), so I called down and asked for an extra blanket, at first Mr. Tamang said it's after hours (10:34pm) and they no longer provide service, I told him an extra blanket is not a room service, that it's a necessity. He then ask me why, after some bickering they brought it up.
Next day, I called again for another blanket (the one previously had fallen off to the carpet and my wife said I NEED to change it, check the photo, I agreed). Again Mr. Tamang asked me why, this time I've had enough, all I asked is an extra blanket, if they're so concerned they can count them at the end when I check out, but this type of hostility is completely unwarranted. As I went down to collect the blanket this time from Mr. Tamang, Ms. Ishihara approached and began to speak to him in Japanese. I told her she can continue to conversation in English but she ignored me, I then explained to her that it's rude and again she disregarded me. When I confronted her again, Mr. Tamang declared that she doesn't speak English. He then left to get me my blanket, I then ask Ms. Ishihara "how long it will take?" and she quickly responded "3 minutes"... This is how you catch a Liar!

The room's decor is extremely old, perhaps top-notched in 1980; light switches on the night stand (which offers limited variations), flat panel on the desk (not wall mounted), so table space reduced, And have I mentioned the insanely filthy stained in-room carpet?! (I wore my shoes the whole time). I'm sure they've replaced "some" of it since the 80's (as there're different shades of squared carpets)...

Breakfast offers plenty of choices, but it's clear no effort's been given...

Location-wise... I can't really tell, my wife and her friend planned the trip, but honestly, nothing seemed near except for the Aeon Shopping Mall (which house a giant fish tank). Aquarium was 90 minutes away, Naha a good 40?

My overall comment: I wouldn't stay here again even if they pay me (unless they renovated the whole thing and have a change of ownership)

Room tip: don't bother unless you want to re-live 80's style hotels that haven't been cleaned.
2  Thank yee c
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

A mixed bag. Staff are excellent. Several speak very good English and all appear anxious to help. You know when you’re getting service from the heart and this place has it. Being able to rent a car through the hotel is enormously convenient and they make it easy. We also booked a super snorkelling trip through them.
But this five-star service is trapped in a two-star facility. The fixtures and fittings are desperately tired, jaded and in need of freshening. The room I found dark and dingy, although huge. A dark circle of dirt surrounded the light switch in the bathroom. The corridors smelled musty and the 70s-era carpet had me expecting to see twin girls every time I turned the corner.
Breakfast has a wide selection, though you may struggle if like me you are vegetarian. That’s more of an Okinawa issue than a Grand Mer issue. I ate eggs, which I don’t usually do, until the third day when I found a piece of bacon in my made-to-order omelette. Sigh.
I get the impression they do a lot of repeat business with Japanese tourists who’ve been coming here for years and like the way they do things. There’s no reason to mess with a winning formula but it could be so much better if they invested in some modest renovation.

Date of stay: August 2018