This is my 2nd take of this roti canai shop - after frequently visiting them every time I am in JB.
Since Aug 2013 - till Dec 2013, the quality , quantity and experience degraded everytime I visit them.
The worst was last week. The only good thing is
- Dhal with sambal - still ok.
- Just need few stir in the pot , it should be thick enough.
- Its roti, still crispy but have negative point now
Not so good
- The roti now is a big as my palm. At RM1.00, two pieces is just equivalent to 1 pieces to other shops.
- Cashier aunty getting grumpier by day, and have the looks that everyone that come to her shop owe their gratitude to her for selling this roti canai. A typical msian shop attitude (after getting good business)
- I misheard her saying RM2.80, and paid RM3, then was yelled " what else u want? It was RM3.80!" . RM3.80 for 2 plain palm sized prata and a nescafe tarik.
- Do not eat nasi lemak RM2.00, the chicken is additinal RM3.50 is overpriced for a small wing.
Tips, if you are driving, please park and display parking coupon. The enforcers are active around this area.
I will revisit again Bukit Chagar as my previous visit was not that good. Maybe its time to give it another chance.
@spc2008 - the roti canai maker is changed, if not mistaken 2-3month back. U can still google for blog reviews of this outlet to see the original roti canai maker.