“Good prata especially at non-peak periods”

Md. Salleh Restoran
Ranked #590 of 1,006 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The prata is always made to order and is crispy and flakey, just the way it's supposed to be. The place can get very crowded at peak hours for meals and that is to be expected. Nice consistent quality though one would reek from the smell of prata afterward!

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I went and tried this on Saturday morning. The roti is thick but is soft. Not crunchy. But the Roti Planta is nice. The price is high. One piece of Sotong cost RM4 / RM6. Is extremely high. We ordered 5 roti kosong, 1 roti planta, 2 normal nasi lemak and 2 ice milo. Cost us RM40++
I know is Ramadan period. They refuse to serve my Indonesia maid which she is Christian. I told them that she is indonesian but is Christian. The server start saying she is still an Indonesian we shouldnt serve her. Makes my mood turns BAD. But i ignore her and let my maid eat.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is my 2nd take of this roti canai shop - after frequently visiting them every time I am in JB.
Since Aug 2013 - till Dec 2013, the quality , quantity and experience degraded everytime I visit them.

The worst was last week. The only good thing is

Good
- Dhal with sambal - still ok.
- Just need few stir in the pot , it should be thick enough.
- Its roti, still crispy but have negative point now

Not so good
- The roti now is a big as my palm. At RM1.00, two pieces is just equivalent to 1 pieces to other shops.
- Cashier aunty getting grumpier by day, and have the looks that everyone that come to her shop owe their gratitude to her for selling this roti canai. A typical msian shop attitude (after getting good business)
- I misheard her saying RM2.80, and paid RM3, then was yelled " what else u want? It was RM3.80!" . RM3.80 for 2 plain palm sized prata and a nescafe tarik.
- Do not eat nasi lemak RM2.00, the chicken is additinal RM3.50 is overpriced for a small wing.

Tips, if you are driving, please park and display parking coupon. The enforcers are active around this area.

I will revisit again Bukit Chagar as my previous visit was not that good. Maybe its time to give it another chance.
@spc2008 - the roti canai maker is changed, if not mistaken 2-3month back. U can still google for blog reviews of this outlet to see the original roti canai maker.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Wnenever I visit JB., my 1st task is always to find the tastiest roti prata for breakfast the following morning! On my recent trip I was tempted to this 'restaurant' by the reviews written by others. Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the experience! The chef/cook or the owner must have had a bad day? The roti was neither crispe or flakey, or tasty, the curry sauce was watery and very bland, the tea tarik was just that! The 'ambience' was lacking everything, unless you include the 'grumpy' cashier (owner's wife I believe, according to other reviews). But you do get 'proper tables and chairs'! In fact the entire experience was a waste of time, I could have gone to my faviourite eatery at Bukit Chagar. Why do others rated this so highly?

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Their Roti Canai are flakey and their size are just nice. It's taste is really good. Roti Telur Bawang is really crispy and delicious. Add with a Malaysian drink, Teh Tarik. That wasn't really that good, it's not very nice to drink