“Good!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Was staying in a nearby Hotel and decided to have dinner at the restaurant. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was very crowded. We waited in the queue and the staff was very efficient in trying to get us in soonest possible.

We managed to get a table after waiting for less than 30 minutes. The staff came and recommended us some dishes, after hearing that it was our 1st visit.

We ordered some sashimi and they were fresh and delicious! The sets meals we ordered were also very good! We also ordered a few side dishes. The only disappointment was the Tonkatsu dish. The taste was not good at all.

Overall, the food was good and so was the service. The restaurant was not very big and the table that we had (shared at 3 people) , it was quite a challenge to accommodate all the dishes we ordered! The staff were friendly and efficient!

While waiting to get into the restaurant earlier, I walked around the vicinity and noticed another Japanese restaurant. There was no customer! Nijyumaru, on the other hand, was packed!

Would I eat at Nijyumaru again? Of course!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our party of 6 adults visited the outlet near Sutera Mall earlier this month for lunch. It was a first trip to this Japanese restaurant for 5 of us except 1. All of us agreed that the food is delicious and prices are very reasonable. Service is ok. We had the set meals. a la carte side dishes, and drinks which amounted to about MYR 380 for a lot of food for the 6 of us. Will definitely go there for Japanese food again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is my regular lunch or dinner stop whenever I am in Johore Bahru. This is a fusion Japanese restaurant with a wide selection on its menu where you can't possibly go wrong. The dishes are above average and are reasonably priced. You can expect to get more than double or even triple the cost across the causeway. In the three years since I first discovered this place, the standards have been kept high but the prices remained affordable; and I keep coming back

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We visited their outlet on 21/8/17 for early dinner. It was my first time there. Their sashimi was very fresh especially their tuna belly just melts in your mouth unfortunately we only able to purchase their last four pieces but there's great selection on their menu. The ambience was not bad as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We visited the Sutera outlet. There's a great selection on there menu. I should say the food was delicious. Will recommend. I love the sharks fin chawanmushi. As well as the bonito fried tofu