“Quality Meal”

Kam Long Curry Fish Head
Ranked #13 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 11 March 2019 via mobile

Been here a couple of times. Same taste so far. Recommended!

Tip: Use your spoon and scoop up the curry (top part oil/spice) with a bit of white rice, fish, slice of red chilli, dark and light soya sauce and chew/swallow that. Amazing

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank 981betya
Write a reviewReviews (204)

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

Worth queuing. However, there is possibility of no waiting before lunchtime on weekdays. Fresh ingredients and aromatic curry sauce!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2019

We were on a day trip to JB and we were introduced to this place by the driver.
It was lucky that I had cooler bags with me.
The que was long, but the driver call ahead and book 4 sets of Curry Fish head , take away.
We arrive and the items were ready for us.
The raw fish head was deep frozen and was wrap up in newspaper. They give a very generous portion of curry and some veg pack separately..

The fish head was well frozen , such that when we got back to Singapore 4-5 hours later, the fish head was still in ice.

We cooked the fish head the next day and it still very fresh. Its a great meal with rice.

The curry that Kum Long gave was so much that we kept 1/2 of the and cook it with more veg the next day.

very worth the money .. will buy again

2  Thank sunbeamrn
Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

We were there at 9.30am & place was full. Waited for awhile to get a table.

Not difficult to find this place as it is located not far from behind City Square Mall. Along a row of main road shophouses, directly opposite a Silk Temple & Galleria at Kotaraya.

Food is just average. The curry is quite diluted. It comes in 2 versions. The head or tail portions. Tried both.
Portion looks big because they used a big claypot filled with lots of curry. But as said, the curry is pretty diluted ,& not fragrant.

Have eaten many other better fish head curries, which usually their curries are thick & fragrant.

This being a typical old coffee shop, don't expect much in service or hygiene.

Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

I have been frequent visitor to JB. Always on my own. But this time round i went to Jb with my bf. He rarely comes to JB and heard about Kam Long fish head curry. I have always walked pass the shop and there is always a queue outside the shop. Surprisely on a thursday morning at 9plus, me and my bf were ushered to a table. But after ordering my curry, a queue started forming up.

This is my first time trying the store. We waited about 15-20mins for our dish. The curry fish head was served piping hot in a claypot. First spoon of the curry, it is so favorful. I can easily eat two plates of rice with the curry. It goes so well.

I noticed alot of solo eater having their curry alone too. So solo jb visitor, dont have to wait for friends. You can have the fish head curry all by yourself.

1  Thank charhugkiss