2,467 results
All reviews cookies makan kitchen double tree the executive lounge welcome cookie care line pillow menu food store city square lounge access steam room upon check one bedroom suite swimming pool breakfast buffet in room dining awesome stay
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We decided to book two hotel rooms for two nights at DoubleTree again, having experience the fantastic hospitality from this hotel chain previously. This time, we booked two superior rooms, one with king bed and one with double beds. We requested for connecting rooms, since we are travelling as a family.

The rooms are very well maintained, and done nicely. The bathrooms are very clean. I cannot imagine how the housekeeping team maintains the cleanliness of the rooms day in and out. Amenities are all present, and while they do not provide the full spread of toiletries, you can request for anything you wish to have through Careline.

The addition this time round is the introducton of Careline. Upon check in, I received a SMS welcoming me to the hotel, and asking me to rate my stay in the hotel. There is also a follow-through SMS the next day to check on my stay. While this is a thoughtful gesture, I think the hotel may wish to consider sending this through social platforms as well. I wouldn't want to waste my money replying to SMS from the hotel.

I booked the rooms with breakfast included, and the spread at Makan Kitchen does not disappoint. There are several hot food stations to choose from, and we get to drink fruit juices that are made on the spot too. I only wish the Chinese food in the restaurant will be a bit better. The cheong fun looks too bland, and the fried fritters look a bit too tired. The salad spread could be improved, and the yogurt selection could be broadened. But all in, the spread is still fantastic. I love the egg station and the prata section. I also enjoyed the teh tarik as well.

Must compliment two Makan Kitchen staff for their attention to details. Alice noticed that my son had dropped a fork while eating, and brought one fork to replace without our prompting. 'Su' was very attentive to us at the beginning of our meal, and kept clearing our dishes quite promptly. She also replaced two bottles of mineral water when we asked to have our mineral water bottles refilled. Kudos to the two of them.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel_Alcaraz_DTJB, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Wai Meng Y

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru as your preferred accommodation. I am thrilled to hear that you were delighted with our rooms and the quality of the housekeeping. I am also equally happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the buffet spread at Makan Kitchen, as well as the attentiveness of our team members. Looking forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I stayed at the Double Tree for Four days in August and have to say that this is an incredible place in both the location and in terms of the staff that you deal with on a day to day basis. The rooms were clean and house keeping staff took great care to make sure that you had all the amenities that you needed. The best customer service experience I have had in a long time they were gracious and genuine and took pride in taking care of their guests. Also, an A+ for the staff at the Makan restaurant, you folks are the best when it comes to tasty food and excellent service. A special shout out to Shiva, Jeremiah and Sonia you all did a great job thank you! The front desk folks make your life easy especially when you are tired and waiting to check in they worked fast and efficiently to get you to your room as soon as possible.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Daniel_Alcaraz_DTJB, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear benmat2015,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel location to your liking. I am thrilled to note that we have also lived up to your expectations in various areas. Thank you for your positive remarks on our team members' hospitality - it would be my pleasure to share it with them. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

My family stayed at doubletree Hilton JB from 7 to 10 August 2018 at a deluxe room. The check-in was smooth and one of the key highlights to this hotel is their signature warm chocolate chip cookies. Its special and one of the best cookies i've ever had. I had asked for a high floor, non-adjoining with a view of the Straits of Johor - We were given 19th floor with partial view of the Straits of Johor. Our room 1901 had some issues after checking-in with a flurry of activity. We had requested for a spare bed and a spare set of amenities. The aircon was set at 19 deg C and it was cold. We tried to set it to 27/28 deg C but the temperature would not budge so i thought we would wait it out. Then we discovered that one of the lights at the entrance wasn't working. We called the care line and hilton responded within 30 mins but it required the removal of the ceiling to fix the lights. After they were done, the aircon was still at 19 deg C so we had to call care line again. By this time, we wanted to leave as we were in the room for already 3 hours settling the spare bed, lights, amenities, etc. When the service man came and diagnosed the issue, he advised that the motor was spoilt and that he needed an hour + to fix it. It was fine for us because we were going out. By the time we were back, the aircon was fixed but the condenser at the ceiling was dripping water through the light fixture onto the toilet floor. Having called careline 4 times already, i felt bad calling again so we just placed a towel on the floor to sponge the water. After settling in, i discovered some further things that the room could be improved.
a) The toilet needs more toilet fixtures to hang our clothes - there were only 2 hooks and a bar holder at the door. With 3 people staying in the room, after hanging bath towels, there were no more hooks/bars to hang our clothes.
b) Cotton buds were not standard issue.
c) The roller blinds that covered the glass between the room and toilet is redundant. My daughter had fun rolling it up and down and it actually jammed. Feeling bad that i had called careline so many times, i decided to DIY and fix the jammed blinds.
I think this fixture is a temptation for kids to play with - and get jammed.

Breakfast was superb in terms of variety, service and quality. Parking and security wasn't an issue. Location is within 10 mins walking distance from the shopping malls. The service at Hilton is excellent. In particular, i want to commend Rushdi at the concierge who took time to befriend and advice us on the places we were planning to go and connect with my daughter by giving her extra cookies. These little things made our experience more memorable and did not go unnoticed.

Also, i had posted my comments of (a) and (b) on Expedia's website and Hilton staff were very kind to respond within a day and leave an apologetic card, provide more hangers and cotton buds! LOL. It was very sweet of the staff who took notice. Like i said, the service is impeccable but the facilities should be reviewed because i am sure it puts unnecessary strain on the service staff who could focus their energy on offering an even better service.

Room tip: Choose higher floors
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear BrainHoo,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our breakfast spread at Makan Kitchen. I am thrilled to hear that you were most impressed with our team members' service delivery and quick response. Your constructive feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with the relevant teams and upper management for future improvements. We look forward very much to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Our family (2A2C) stayed for one night and we were impressed from the moment we checked in. A welcome cookie is given to every person who stays with them. Room was big, there was even space for a sofa and coffee table together with a large king sized bed. Toilet looked new and clean, and the toiletries provided was of great quality. Breakfast the next day exceeded our expectations with an extensive variety (from the standard egg station to live Teh Tarik and fresh fruit juice stations). Service was fantastic and we really felt welcomed by every staff we spoke to. Perhaps only downside is that the shopping mall looked like a long 10mins walk away for our two young kids. We’ll definitely be back for another Hilton staycation soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear FLLoh,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our warm welcome cookies. I am thrilled to note that you loved our breakfast spread at Makan Kitchen, too. Thank you for your positive remarks on our team members' service delivery. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru again very soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located just 3 blocks away from the causeway CIQ. The hotel is modern and efficient. The rooms are regular size, with all the regular hospitality offered in a good 4-Star hotel. They offer different type of pillows, I opted for the memory foam pillow and it was nice and firm for my neck.
The gym was surprisingly small for the hotel so it was a little busy in the evenings. The pool was rather small too but very nicely designed. The ambience was beautiful.
Al in all, an excellent hotel and very helpful staff.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear loyloy,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel location to your liking and that we have lived up to your expectations in various areas. Your positive remarks on our team members are highly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru again soon.