Tosca Trattoria Italiana at DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru
Ranked #3 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Price range: US$5 - US$52
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located poolside on the 13th floor, our Italian Trattoria and bar offers rustic Italian food prepared with a contemporary flair for lunch and dinner, along with stunning views over the Straits of Johor. Dining options ranging from indoor, poolside and private dining rooms.
Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

The food here is definitely overrated & overpriced! I had one of the worst Seafood Aglio Olio I’ve ever eaten in my life! It costs me RM55! I didn’t even finish the prawns, let alone the pasta! This is the first time I did not finish my food in my life! The worst part is when I told the waiter that I wanted to cancel my dessert, I was told that it was not possible! What nonsense is this?

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank BangkokFan
tilekkerisnan, Manager at Tosca Trattoria Italiana at DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2019

Dear BangkokFan,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review after your recent visit to Tosca Restaurant. We greatly value your feedback on our service & offering.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service standards you experienced on this occasion. Rest assured I share your disappointment in this matter and have in response addressed your concerns with our management team to ensure such lapses are not repeated.
Once again I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would however encourage you to treat this as an exception rather than a reflection of the hotel. The Team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. I am confident we can provide a better experience at this time.

Kind regards
Tilek Kerisnan
Manager

Write a reviewReviews (556)

Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

Visited this restaurant at Hilton Double Tree twice while holidaying with my family in JB onroute to Legoland. Enjoyed the freshly made pasta and pizza and found the standard and quality of the meal above average. Excellent ambiance and good service with reasonable pricing.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank macooke23

Dear Macooke23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion
Our team members take great pride on what we do and receiving feedback like yours encourages us.
Customers just like you make doing what we do a true pleasure. Everyone looks forward to serving you and yours on your next visit. Our brand promise is all about delivering seamless experiences that exceed customer expectations! We sincerely look forward to serving you time after time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Was on business for a week and stayed at the Double Tree. Not wanting to go out after a long day at work, I dined at Tosca twice. Lasagna was average. Disappointed with the steak. Cut too thin, and full of tendons. Service staff are eager to please though. Pricy wine list.

Date of visit: September 2018

Dear JohnAG77,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us.
Clearly we did not deliver as promised. We are very sorry to have failed you.
We have implemented corrective measures regarding the issues you escalated. We have a culture of constant improvement and feedback like yours helps us shape the way we do things.
We want you to be satisfied with your transaction.
Please contact me at tilek.kerisnan@hilton.com so we can chat.
Until then, please receive my most sincere apologies on behalf of everyone in the team.

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

Another good place for a quiet western meal but their signature Cheese Room shut not long after our visit. Understand it is forever and it was due to Customs woes. Those officers must dislike cheese ;) without the Cheese Room I'd have to go from 5 to 3 or 4 stars.

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank Findpaulng

Dear Findpaulng,

I was concerned that your feedback generally suggests that your experience with us on this occasion was not outstanding. Rest assured your feedback has been duly noted and I have addressed your concerns with my management team to ensure we focus on lifting our service levels and attention to detail in the areas you have highlighted.
We will keep you updated once our cheese room is back.

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

The food at Tosca has always been yummylicious. Enjoying the flavours with lovely ambience (wind is mindblowing) emjoying the skyview. Service is at top par.

Date of visit: July 2019
tilekkerisnan, Manager at Tosca Trattoria Italiana at DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

Dear Banu R,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for telling us more about your experience with us.
We know that you have options and we are delighted that you picked us.
Your words of appreciation make a world of difference and set the tone for our employee's morale.
We will be sure to share your review with our team on our next staff meeting.
Do allow us the opportunity to serve you again. We will do everything in our power to deliver an even better customer experience.

Manager

Travellers who viewed Tosca Trattoria Italiana at DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru also viewed

Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru District
Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru District

Been to Tosca Trattoria Italiana at DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru? Share your experiences!