See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Was there for group vacation which i found waste of my time. Room not so clean, there is a cup, a coffee but no spoon. While taking shower water stopped running... later was told that the big water tank was empty and the staff didnt pump the water into tank. What kind of service is this, no SOP?
One of our plan is snorkeling, but that didnt happened as low tide and no fish lol. We ask for boats but there was no boat and the staff told us to book early next time. What a shame because this going to be first and last
The is a chinese staff, talking to loud and cursing and using bad word talking about other staff.
Food is so so
The management should be sack for very bad management

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sdin3269
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

There are several things we need to complain

1. Room is very dirty
The room is dusty, the disgusting things is the bed have blood stained!!! After sleep on the bed we feel itchy and uncomfortable.

2. Air Conditioner shut down automatically very often and noisy
The air conditioner shut down itself several times especially in the night, it has a noisy sound after sometimes.

3 Sand in the beach is rough and sea water full of microbes/bugs
We had severe allergy after play in the beach 1 and the sand for both beach 1 and 2 is rough until we can't walk without slipper

4 No people at the resort, no activities
We can't find any other people in the island, no activities can done other than swim in the dirty beach or talk to the animals

5 Ferry is actually a very small and unstable ship
They bring us to the island with a small ship with full of people, the ship shake very frequently and badly. There is severe water leakage from the top of the ship.

6 Animal is in badly hunger
the animal is cute but they look like long time don't get enough food until the goat,peacock and even birds chase us for bread.

7. Swimming pool is down
the swimming pool is under maintenance

8 all stated activities cannot make it
no flying fox, no jungle trekking, no activities can do, the website should remove

It actually could be a nice island if proper maintenance made, but it is sad that we spend our lovely holiday with such uncomfortable memory, we sympathize with those lovely animals that live in such disgusting island.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 满 满
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

I was with another 2 friends decided to stay here for one night only as nowhere else was available during our visit in school holiday weeks. We practically begged to stay an extra night if there is any cancellation.. But thank god no one does! The room is quite nice when we first entered. Paid for 2 adults room and we got a double bed and a single bed. Then tried to use the the toilet, it worked well untill my friend used it next and we realized it was clogged. The smell is everywhere even after we tried to clean it ourselves. Called for maintenance and the receptionist was nonchalant , acting like she did not hear our request and instead asked for our check out time the next day. I repeated the maintenance request and she sounded annoyed and said she will send someone. The maintenance guy did some tinkering, but only lessen the smell not solving it. Our chalet's back door was also busted.
Went to do the activities available , and we decided to snorkel, and there is only one beach available for us to do the snorkelling which is maybe the resort's private beach. Another beach is for kayaking and banana boat activities. We were told there is a guard on look out duty at the beach but no one was around. The water is not too clear for snorkelling activity with little fishes swimming around. We were unwilling to go farther as no life guard was around.
The swimming pool was under maintenance for god knows how long. Indoor game table is rusted. No fresh water for drinking even for sell In stock. The next day we checked out earlier at 10am.
The scenary was great and cleanliness is well maintained. But that was it. Breakfast was good. But we did wonder where the fresh water for food coming from. Not recommended for young person as nothing exciting to do here. Rude/lazy resort staffs further make us decide not to stay here longer than necessary. I got a feeling if we were international tourist -not local - we might be treated differently. Might also be different during the weekends.

Stayed: June 2015
5  Thank noor f
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Everything in the room not maintained. Pool was under construction, pump not working (we were told since 3 months). No wifi since april - contractor already ordered. Not even water in the shower and Toilette. Extremely dirty. No value for the money - this is the hotel. The food ok. Very malay. On the beaches, snorkeling, diving great and very relaxing.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank StefanieMY
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Excited for my long weekend I booked a stay at this resort over CNY only to be extremely disappointed by the lack of communication regarding facilities marketed on the website as available. The ferry was late departing, no water to shower on our first night, recreation room with pool table was under restoration, Spa treatment facilities are no longer available, no wifi and no pool bar or any alcohol serviced at the resort.
I was made to pay 100% online before arriving to the island. For the amount of facilities that were unavailable yet advertised and promoted on the website that it was dishonest to make a customer make the full payment.
I travel every 8 weeks and the lack of hospitality of this resort was disappointing. I communicated this with the manger of the resort and placed a written complaint. At the time they seemed to see my point of view and sympathetically granted a written refund for 3 of the 4 nights stay as my friend and I left Sibu Island Resort after one nights to stay at the beautiful Rimba Resort, where the hospitality was delightful and professional and facilities were available.
Payment was to be refunded into my account within 14 days, this was in February! We are now in April and I have have not received a cent! I was hesitate to write a review but I am receiving no response to my emails and would hate this to happen to others.
Disappointing, dishonest and unprofessional....don't stay here!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends