The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi
US$236
Westin.com
US$62
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa(Pantai Tengah)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
US$166
  • Pool
US$225
US$275
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$366
US$162
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$395
US$233
  • Pool
All reviewshorizon barbeach grillchinese restaurantrainforest deluxe roomteething issuesladies and gentlemenvitality poolocean villasofficial openinghotel has great potentialitalian chefprivate infinity poolthe pool guystrue paradiseocean frontbeautiful sunsetexceptional staff
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

It is the best hotel in langkawi. The rooms, landscape, nature is stunning. 10 minutes from the airport location and close to all attractions of langkawi. Food is also amazing executive by the best chef Mattia. Staff and service are amazing. It is worth all the money you pay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sawsan B
RCLangkawi, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Sawsan B,

Thank you kindly for this overwhelming review which I will gladly share with all the ladies and gentlemen. We very much enjoyed having you with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Audrey Huttert
The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We had the most amazing stay at the Ritz Carlton Langkawi. We were greeted by such hospitality and all our needs were attended to timeously. Free wifi, excellent facilities, delicious cuisine catering for various tastes from Indian, Asian, Western, with a selection of 3 restaurants on site (my personal favourite was the Langkawi Kitchen. The resort boasts breathtaking views.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
8  Thank Vanessa C
RCLangkawi, Management Team at The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Vanessa C,

On behalf of all of our team, it was our pleasure to welcome you and your partner at our resort. We are glad that all the facilities and services met your expectations. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi.

Warm regards,
The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi management.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Just have to write the review first after only staying the first night.

Pros :
1. Great service at check-in and F&B outlets, very friendly.

2. Room looks beautiful with a large veranda.

3. The Beach Grill has nice casual dining environment. Some of the dishes we tried are good; beef carpaccio, tomato mozzarella, grilled king prawns, ice cream on a stick.

4. Food at Langkawi Kitchen was great. The chef and staff was very obliging when we went there just before noon to have our lunch. Restaurant is closed for lunch and because we wanted local food the chef agreed to cook the items available in room service menu and we can enjoy the meal in the restaurant. The grilled fish, beef rendang and fried kangkong was delicious. Service was very friendly and attentive too.

Cons :
1. Sloppy housekeeping service. Requested for cleaning of room before noon and room still not cleaned after 3pm. Have to call to remind them, and they left the room without clearing the table at lounge area. Photo attached. Complained and they came back to clean the table but washed the cups and left them back on dining table. Did not clean Nespresso machine or refilled capsules and tea bags. (More photos attached). Seems that I have to repeatedly call the housekeeping dept to remind them of incomplete servicing of the room.

2. Unfortunately it was also at The Beach Grill that my husband’s order of Grilled King Prawn twice came undercooked. Staff were very apologetic about it, and kept cooking fresh ones to replace it. What a waste of those king prawns.

3. Room has a large bathtub but it’s useless as the hot water only runs for afew short minutes. Understand from hotel staff that is due to the fact that hot water comes from a tank heater. That kinda defeats the purpose of having a large bathtub.

I do not expect such careless housekeeping; especially rooms at this hotel comes at a premium rate.

Will write the second half of my review after the rest of my stay. Hopefully housekeeping will improve by that time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Mabel N
RCLangkawi, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Mabel N.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your initial impressions of your stay with us. As a loyal guest to our brand, you have come to appreciate our strive for service excellence and I am sorry to read we didn’t start off on a good foot. My sincere apologies for that. The team is very keen to ensure you have a memorable stay with us, I trust every effort will be made to make that happen.

Audrey Huttert
The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I arrived at the Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi a few days after their official opening. Although there were some teething problems which were to be expected, I had a very pleasant stay. I stayed in a Rainforest Deluxe Room which was a generous 75 sq. metres in size, with a living area, a balcony and an oversized bathroom. The decoration is tasteful and fits well in a remote jungle setting.

Upon arrival, I was checked-in at the arrival lounge and then taken by electric buggy to the Dahlia building which hosted 9 suites.

The hotel offers 3 food and beverage outlets. The high-end Chinese restaurant Hai Yan; the Langkawi Kitchen serving Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine; and the Beach Grill serving western and eastern dishes, mainly seafood. The menu choices at the Beach Grill were quite limited and comfort food (beach resort favourites) such as club sandwiches or spaghetti dishes etc. was unfortunately missing. However, all the food that I tasted at the resort was delicious.

The hotel had a nice private, clean, sandy beach with plenty of lounge chairs, all of which were unfortunately not equipped with sun umbrellas yet.The pool is beautifully situated overlooking the beach and the bay.

The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi opened during early October 2017 and all the staff members that I met were eager to please, charming and helpful.

The resort is set in an emerald jungle and its design is inspired by a Malay fishing village. The contemporary Ritz-Carlton SPA is offering various treatments in private settings which are shaped like local Bubu fish traps.

The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi offers luxury accommodation and the renowned Ritz-Carlton service. It’s a beautiful place in the Malaysian rainforest.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank SwissTravelManager

Thank you so much for your honest reviews throughout your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back in the near future to our resort and enjoy the more greatest experience with us here at Langkawi.

The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi Management Team

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I had lunch at the Chinese restaurant yesterday and the air conditioner did not seem to be working.
I ordered the chicken with scallions which was good, but I thought the portion did seem rather small. It came in this noodle basket which I thought I could eat, but it is not edible!
The fried rice with egg and crab was not what I was expecting. It came with fish roe...the fish eggs was through out the dish. I wish they had told me this on the menu as I would not of ordered it!
I ordered morning glory and this was not available nor was the asparagus dish either that I wanted. So my last option was baby guy lan it was ok.
I think charging over $8.00 USD for a bottle of water seems a tad expensive and I was not given an option either.
To get to this restaurant they take you by golf cart. When I left I asked the waitress to order a golf cart when I left I asked for a tour of this property as it has only been open for 10 days. My driver of the golf cart told me he was busy and he could not show me around.
Sadly my experience here was not great! I never did get to see this property.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Derrick1230

Dear Derrick,

We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels. We have unfortunately fallen short of that goal. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. I have shared your valued feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this remains an isolated issue and is corrected moving forward. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back here to Langkawi.

The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi management.