Malibest Resort
US$177
US$164
Westin.com
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$303
US$50
US$216
US$105
  • Pool
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
US$184
US$134
Priceline
All reviewstree housebeach frontcenang beachindian restaurantdeluxe family roombudget resortbeach activitiessea viewqueen sizemini martstrategic locationyour doorstepwater heaterbasic amenitiesunderwater worldsmall fridgeground floor
Reviewed 23 January 2012

So glad we stayed here. 5 Aussies (all 30) stayed for 7 nights.
-The accommodation was SUPER cheap
-Service was good
-Ridiculously close to a beautiful beach
-Close to bars, cheap and tasty eateries and not to far from a cool nightclub.
-The room had hot water, aircon, beds and a door with a lock on it...what more do you need?

Malibest was fantastic - we loved it

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fred_Dan81
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Booked this resort based on my friend's suggestion. Took a big room with 1 extra mattress for RM150. The beach is just 5 minutes walk away from the room. The room is comfortable and spacious but they do not provide wifi except in the receiption area. Location is good where a lot of restaurant and shopping places near by. My first time staying in pantai cenang and will definetly come back again

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Satthiam
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at this resort for 6 days in one of their tree houses. The tree houses are right on the beach and at night you can even hear the waves from the sea. One of the best resort I have ever been to. Very reasonable, but with no in house restaurant, centrally located and on a clean white sand beach. The tree house was good and equipped with air conditioning. Bathroom was clean and the staff was very polite and hospitable even though they were not so good with the their communication skills. Overall a great place to be. You can do a lot of water sports activities and the hotel can give you good discounts if you are in a group for their tour packages. Located on a street which is very lively with a lot of restaurants serving world cuisines and also a lot a mini markets where u can buy stuff needed for your daliy routine. Truly an awesome resort to stay in.

Room Tip: Go for the tree house. Best room to stay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tushar0211
Reviewed 6 January 2012

the first time in my life staying a hotel/resort and having the maintenance people inside the room not just fixing the faulty aircond but yet changing to the whole new unit of aircond. I really hate it. The hotel is invading my privacy. I wonder why didn't they noticed about the faulty aircond earlier before we check in. I feel like bursting out but i am now just need to control my anget and be patient until they are done fixing the aircond. I am sweating actually.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank hash19
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a bit of an issue checking in - in true Malayasian fashion the front desk is quite disorganized...unable to trace our booking, our deposit, issues with credit card, etc. it tooks us a good hour to sort things out before we got our room keys.

Upside:
We booked 3 deluxe beach front rooms all facing the beach/ocean. very clean and spacious, working airconditioner, clean towels and surprising had the most yummy beds and pillows! if you look at state of this hotel (which has seen better days) - you wouldnt imagine they'll have proper hotel quality beds and pillows.

Downside:
Poor service - they need to re-train their fornt desk. We basically just utilize the hotel for sleeping and not much else. We didnt even hang out on the beach as it was full of people. we opted to go somewhere else to sun tan where no kids or families will be scandalized with our near-nakedness.

This isn't luxury but a solid place to sleep in. The price was very reasonable, no frills. I will stay here again and go somewhere for food, drinks , etc.

(There were 6 of us that stayed in this hotel as we all agreeed, great for sleeping in and not much else).

Room Tip: Deluxe beach front - the beach is literally right outside your door. My other friend got the tree top rooms - not the best. i wont recommend as it was shabby and badly maintained.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends