Malibest Resort
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$303
US$159
Agoda.com
US$50
US$46
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
US$184
US$138
Agoda.com
US$700
All reviewstree housebeach frontcenang beachindian restaurantdeluxe family roombudget resortbeach activitiessea viewqueen sizemini martstrategic locationyour doorstepwater heaterbasic amenitiesunderwater worldsmall fridgeground floor
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place. The view from the room were awesome direct to the sea. Enjoying the sunset from the room balcony. Room was big with sample deco. 6nights there still not enough. Such a relaxing place and beautiful view that you always dream on your holiday. Hotel provide pool but I got no time to try, maybe next visit with friend. Will be back soon. Recommend top floor. I stay in room #410 and the view was fantastic.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

DIRTY HOTEL AND DEPLORABLE STAFF. If I could select zero stars I would. It’s not a hotel, it’s a hostel. And I’ve been to far better hostels!!

From the minute you see the “hotel”, you immediately regret booking it as it looks like it’s under construction as the adjacent building is covered in scaffolding.

I stayed in the main building. There was a terrible smell up to the room and in the corridor. Upon reaching the room, it was dirty- the shower was not fit to use as it was clogged with limescale, the tap wouldn’t function as someone removed the attachment to lift the tap, the toilet was stained, the floormat was already soiled and the towels had yellow stains. I requested another towel which also had several stains. There was a charge for this btw upon checkout- a charge for a dirty towel that wasn’t used and remained folded.

The cleaning staff’s attitude is shocking but then again judging by my room- should I have been surprised?! Oh and I developed a rash from the gritty bed covers and sheets. I should have charged them but apparently you can only charge for extra unused towels not the rash their dirty linen causes...

During the day, you can hear construction. You can hear the people next door and in the corridor. At night, you can hear people outside very clearly and in the morning you can hear the nice man next door gargle his stomach and throat out.

I spent all day outdoors, simply slept in the room and left after two days. I did attempt to book other hotels but alas it was costing too much for my short stay! I didn’t even sleep on the last day- I left for the airport ASAP.

The pictures online are so deceptive it’s unreal... so I’ve attached my own.

ANY good points? Location- next to the beach and on a busy street... but there are other nicer hotels round the corner!
- Global Drs is about 900m away and they are lovely and very helpful at this clinic. Malibest gets one star for being close to the clinic.

Langkawi is nice but if you pick a bad hotel it may ruin your trip. Don’t pick this place.

It’s not about “you get what you pay for” because the hotel costs the same as other hotels on this strip and I doubt the rooms are this dirty!! I wasn’t expecting luxury but I wasn’t expecting stained towels, buying/using specific antibacterial soap, and visiting the doctors for a spreading rash either.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sundas I
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I booked this hotel by looking into the pictures as it was shown as sea facing. But I got a room on the other side of the road. I argued with them but in vain. As we had no option to stay anywhere so had to adjust.The rooms weren't clean and ready at the time of check in. After a long time it was cleaned. The staff here isn't prompt and ready to help at all. Its not worth your money when you are being cheated by the management. Please do take care of your valuables.

Room Tip: Email to the hotel and ask for pictures of the room you want to book and book after that.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smrutirekha
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed here for a 4 night break during my tour of Malaya.
I was given a room on the top floor and therefore had great sea view.The location is excellent, literally on the beach and also in the middle of shops/restaurants.
The beach early in the morning is unrivaled.
The room is fairly basic but a good size, the shower was very efficient.
For the price may well be difficult to find better elsewhere

Room Tip: Room in main building on upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank billsue95
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is just in front of the beach, we booked a family deluxe room at ground floor, if u get a room at 2nd or 3rd floor that will have a balcony so can dry ur wet clothes.Although the hotel is very near the beach but very hard to find a parking if u drive a car especially during dinner time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family