US$24
BBP Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$19
US$16
Agoda.com
Al Inshirah Inn(Kota Bharu)
US$22
Aam Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$15
US$35
Agoda.com
Al Quds Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$19
TripAdvisor
Hotel Perdana(Kota Bharu)
US$60
US$51
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbuffet breakfastfree wifiwithin walking distanceextra pillowsironing boardsuperior double roomhotel is locatedsmall roomtourist spotsshower areapasar siti khadijahbasic amenitieslocal foodsshort staycentre of townnight marketmini fridge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for a night in a room of triple bed and sofa bed . spacious for my family of 5 adult and a children. The bathroom is also big with bath tub and separate shower. very clean room and bathroom. The breakfast at the roof top was awesome with a lot of choices. Will come back again. The staff are friendly too. Near to the town. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Puanmh2017
Malaysia58, Owner at Crystal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear PuanMH,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Hope to welcome you to Crystal Lodge again in the near future.

With warm regards,
Our Best We Serve.!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Our first hotel stay during our visit to Kota Bharu. Located near a few tourist attraction eg. Pasar Siti Khadijah, Kelantan State Museum & Istana Batu Royal Museum to name a few.
Hotel parking is quite tricky as the entrance is quite near from the corner. And they did not have enough parking space too. Parking underneath hotel building is a nightmare to get to, as the ramp is too steep I suggest to be extra careful. Surprisingly, only 6 cars (if my memory serves me right) can park there.
The room is too small for a couple, but just nice for single. No swimming pool, but that’s not a big deal. Cafe for breakfast is nice, as you may see the scenery of Kelantan river while filling your tummy. Breakfast is decent, not too many choice but all of it tastes good (maybe because all of it is my fave).
For those who wish not to go out with car at night (worrying of parking), you may go to Wau Restaurant, just 2 blocks away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2018

My better half and I stayed in this hotel during our recent visit to Kota Bharu. We stayed in a Superior Double room on the sixth floor. The hotel is located a few hundred metres away from Pasar Siti Khatijah, the main attraction of the town. It is also within walking distance to the Muzium DiRaja, Istana Jahar, Istana Balai Besar and the Kampung Kraftangan. There is an open air car park behind the hotel for the guests. Our check-in was a little delayed because our room was not ready yet although it was almost 5.00 p.m. when we arrived.
Our room was spacious and clean. The double bed was firm with extra pillows provided. There was a big LCD television with multiple channels, an empty mini refrigerator, a safe deposit box, a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board too. An electric kettle and complimentary coffee sachets and bottled drinking water were also provided. The bathroom was equally spacious and dry with soap, hair and body shampoos provided. There was hot and cold shower with quite a powerful flow. Free WiFi was available on every floor. Free newspapers were only available in the lobby area.
The buffet breakfast on the seventh floor the next morning was mediocre. We were offered fried noodles, fried rice, white bread with jam and peanut butter, hot and cold drinks, cakes and some fresh fruits. Guests should not miss the decades-old kopitiam (coffee shop) located directly in front of the hotel, Kedai Kopi Khuan Heong Yan. Remember to drop in for a cup of strong coffee together with its famed traditional toasted bread and half boiled eggs.
There was a small gymnasium on the tenth floor but the treadmill machines were out of order. Guests need to get the key from the reception counter to access it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Malaysia58, Manager at Crystal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Mr. CS Chai,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Crystal Lodge.
We are indeed pleased to hear that your stay was fine and comfortable.

With regards to the treadmills, we'd just like to inform you that they were never out of order hitherto but the power transformer switches that are located on the floor in front of the treadmills are always switched off when not in use for safety. Our staff could have been of assistance if informed. We apologise for your not being able to use the treadmills.

Thanking you again.
Best regards.

OUR BEST WE SERVE

Sally
Sales Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this place. Located strategically. Average sized rooms with fridge and flat screen tv. Reasonable price average RM 150 if via online booking. Parking available for free. Free breakfast buffet with decent selection of food. I think if one is travelling in kota bharu, and looking for a stragetic hotel close to town, reasonable price and a decent place to stay,would recommend crystal lodge.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Adrian M
Malaysia58, Director of Sales at Crystal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for your time to write the review.
Have a nice vacation Sir....

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I had one night in Kota Bharu and needed a place near town centre so I could explore on foot, I also needed a hotel with staff on duty so I could leave my luggage before a late flight out, Crystal Lodge fits my requirements.

Check-in was quick and efficient. My bright and spacious room on the 4th floor faces the next door building with partial river view, it has a king size bed, 4 lumpy pillows, quality beddings, a large desk, a chair, a wooden luggage rack, a wardrobe with hangers, mini fridge, tea/coffee facilities, a low hanging TV, a two seater couch, 2 small bottles of complimentary water, and a pair of reusable rubber slippers. The bathroom is huge with no curtain or doors for the shower area, the bathroom looks a little worn but was very clean.

The bed is slightly on the firm side, however, sleep was peaceful. Hotel's free WiFi was surprisingly fast and reliable.

I arrived on a Friday, shops near the hotel were closed with the exception of some eateries and a 7-Eleven on the next block. The central market, Pasar Siti Khadijah, is about a 10 mins walk from the hotel, there was supposed to be a night market nearby as advised by the hotel's receptionist but I couldn't see any stalls.

More food option was located on Jalan Kebun Sultan, just off the corner of Jalan Pintu Pong, where I found the only operating satay stall in town centre. There is also a food truck park by the parking lot of Istana Jahar, though they generally start up after sunset.

I did not have breakfast at the hotel for the chance of trying kaya toast and soft boiled eggs at the popular cafe across the road from the hotel, it was good!

Check-out was quick and efficient, the seating hotel's common area was comfortable and clean while waiting for my late flight. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank little_ostow
Malaysia58, Owner at Crystal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcome you or your friends to Crystal Lodge in the future.