US$23
US$32
Hotels.com
AA Guesthouse(Kota Bharu)
US$10
My place Guest House(Kota Bharu)(Great Value!)
US$10
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Perdana(Kota Bharu)
US$62
US$50
Priceline
US$13
Al Inshirah Inn(Kota Bharu)
US$27
US$24
Agoda.com
Aam Hotel(Kota Bharu)
US$15
US$35
Agoda.com
All reviewsrenaissance hotelshopping mallclub floorhigh teaa marriott rewards memberwe ordered room servicefive star hotelbreakfast buffetlobby loungeno alcoholswimming poolhigher floorlocal dishesdecent hotelcomfortable stayeasy accesshotel staff
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I have stayed here for two nights, came to Kota Bharu for work matters. What I can say is the hotel is superb, I enjoy my experience here, I slept soundly at night as the bed and pillow were very welcoming and comfortable. Room amenities are perfect, room is spacious and worth every single dollars. I really enjoyed the breakfast for both the mornings, the first morning with Nasi Kerabu and second morning with Nasi Dagang. I think it is good to have all these local dishes as attractions, and as a Nasi Kerabu lover, I absolutely think that it's one of the best. I love their variety of small glass juices, with date milk as my favourite. Good job and leverage your service to the next level.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank amalinazainol1
Izudin M, General Manager at The Grand Renai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay and will share your positive comments among our associates.

We also look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

I am a regular guest in this hotel since time to time as I am invited to academic meetings there with the local university. I thought I should write something here after all for many years I have been a patron of this good hotel.

I remembered the hotel being operational for at least 20 years now and to be honest I really cannot remember the hotel being any different then than it is now. From the lobby to the meeting halls, they are a similar as I can remember and the room being as standard as anyone could expect. Having said this, I must comment here that regardless of being a rather aged hotel, the hotel is rather well kept and everything in the room works. The TV reception wasn't great but the air-conditioning works and the facilities are convenient. There are not many (if any i know of) outdoor heated pool in Malaysia, but this hotel has one, although I must add that during this last visit, the heater was not working. The gym, was in my mind, quite impressive for a hotel this size. Breakfast was standard of a 4 star hotel and really I do not complaint as I am not a one who takes breakfast much.

On the overall, the hotel is nice and I have no qualms having been put up in this hotel every time I visit Kota Bahru. But some times, it would be nice if the hotel have some changes once a while just to surprise its guest from time to time e.g. complimentary room selections or business lounge. To be honest I am not sure what works well, but I hope the management will be a little creative in this aspect.

Room Tip: As I can recall, the rooms appear the same and the aerial view of Kota Bahru isn't something to shout about, so does it matter?
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and totally pleased with our services. Your positive feedback will be shared among our associates to inspire them to give their best at all times.

We had refurbished the rooms on several floors of our Hotel since we started operations 15 years ago. More renovation and upgrading works are in the pipeline to give our Hotel a facelift.

We look forward to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 21 September 2015

This is a property that has been built to define opulence at its best .
Everything from the floor to lights to rooms to fittings to restaurants just ooze opulent class .
It is backed by equally agile staff who called on checking in if every thing was ok in the room and that when they had already upgraded me to a suite from a Club Room !
First theh Lounge is good with staff specially coming to you and asking you to try untried local dishes ...a great effort which shows the hotel has been running under guidance of a management which knows this is an industry where smile matters a lot .
The breakfast spread is too vast from Malaysian and Asian dishes to European cold cuts and fresh fruits and what not .
An in house gym and pool and a Spa where regretfully only men are employed is worth a session or two .
The property is located near a market where you have easy access to Sea Food in local flavors and seven eleven bang opposite the hotel to ensure you have water and other items you may need to replenish your in room refrigerator .
Wifi was working at a normal speed not exceptional and the hotel needs to take care of this .
All in all a great stay and certainly one that will entice me next time I am in the city .

Room Tip: Top 20th floor room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Izudin M, General Manager at The Grand Renai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay despite some minor setback.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the setback; and rest assured that meeting our guest’s highest satisfaction has always been our top priority which we are working hard towards that objective.

We will share your positive comments among our associates to inspire and motivate them. Last but not least, we also look forward to serve you better on your next visit !

Best regards

General Merican

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We booked this hotel as our first choice, Crystal Lodge requested both the front and back numbers of our credit card, which we were not comfortable providing. Thank god we decided to go with Renaissance, which for an additional RM50/night compared to Crystal Lodge provided us with a nice spacious room and delicious breakfast.

Pros:
- Excellent breakfast; good continental spread as well as local breakfast choices, food was also regularly replenished (breakfast was included in our hotel rate, otherwise RM48++, which I would have willingly paid for the quality we got)
- Free parking (we rented a car to get around)
- Comfortable and quiet rooms (11th floor)
- Good selection of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel
- Checkin and checkout was quick, with very friendly receptionists

Cons
- We called at noon to check if the rooms were ready as checkin is at 2 p.m. We were assured that the room was available, but our rooms did not have towels and drinking water. Fortunately, we received a call from reception 5 minutes after entering our room to check if everything was ok. The towels were then provided, but drinking water only provided the next day
- This hotel can get quite busy during weekends for weddings and other functions. We had a bit of trouble parking our car on Saturday as there was a wedding dinner that night.
- As other reviewers pointed out, hotel is a bit dated, but we were told they are in the midst of renovating

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We also look forward to welcome you back !

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Within 2015 I have come stay here for three times for work purpose. During my first visit, they ask me to join the Marriott Club for free. With the Marriott Club, I can request type of room I would like to have and early check in.
The breakfast buffet is awesome, you have to try the KB Style Egg Benedict and the Nescafe.
The hotel is adjacent to not so fancy shopping mall but it will be ample if you need to find some tidbits during your stay.
The sauna room was okay. They have sauna and whirlpool but the interior is quite bland. If you go to the sauna alone, you may feel bored with the interior deco. The sauna and gym is open 25 hours a day which mean always open. But when I go there at 7pm, they already run out of big bath towel and can only offer face towel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Izudin M, General Manager at The Grand Renai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay despite some minor setbacks. Every hotelier works hard towards meeting or even exceeding their guest’s expectations and hopes that his team members will be able to deliver them.

Your valuable comments is definitely appreciated and will be shared with all our associates.

Most importantly, we look forward to serve you better on your return visit.

Best regards