“a good place to stay”
Review of Hotel Shangg

Hotel Shangg
Ranked #30 of 83 Ipoh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I took 10 rooms in this hotel for an educational tour. what impressed me about the place was the security factor and also the cleanliness of the property. the property is well maintained and the staffs are friendly too. Besides that the two who own the place are pleasant people who want you to have a good stay.

There other upside for this property is that although it is a budget hotel, the crowd that comes here is mostly family and backpackers. so there is little or none riff raff.

The aircond and water heater from the ten rooms that I took was good... my students were very impressed. The kids have requested that they stay there again if we go to Ipoh..... I believe that speaks for the property it self

Room Tip: when everything is good what else to say except come and stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I parked my new car outside the hotel in a public area and was strongly advised by the staff that I should haved parked it at the designated area inside the hotel , as there were many car theft cases lately.

Good to have such good advice...!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DIonLim
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed in Hotel Shangg for 2days 1 night with a bunch of kids and the service was very friendly.for the service they give i feel the price of a room is cheap .the whole hotel in cluding the room was very clean and we also had alot of fun there .....i felt very a home staying there.I would recomend this hotel 4 alot of travellers.

From,
Kishan D.Buxani

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lyrajoseph
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We are travelling around Asia and this is without doubt the best budget hotel we have stayed in. The joint owners have more than 50 years experience in the hotel business and it shows! There are clean towels and bed linen EVERY day. The room is spacious, very clean and tastefully decorated. One of the owners went out of his way to show us some of the sights of Ipoh. He set the standard for all the staff being very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was a 60 second walk away and an excellent Chinese restaurant was a 5-10 minute walk away. We will definitely use this hotel again if we return to Ipoh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JMB1309
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is located in the middle of a car sales/industrial services area, meaning there are no restaurants or shops close by. As there is no breakfast possibility at the hotel, one has to walk a fair bit to find a breakfast restaurant (especially if you don't want a hot Malay/Chinese type breakfast), and the choice for dining options in the area is very limited, too, but Ipoh is relatively small and you will find something close enough.

As for the hotel, I had booked a superior room which was relatively large and clean, but I did not like the carpetted floor that had sucked in the smell of cigarettes smoked in the room. I asked if I could have a non-smoking room instead but was told the only non-smoking rooms were windowless, which I did not like. I would suggest the management to take the carpet out to have a cleaner feel to the room in general.

As a solo female traveller I did not feel very comfortable in the evening in the area, but other than that the hotel was great value for the money, a clean and safe hotel to stay a couple of nights.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a window, please remember to ask for that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo