“Retro, but not worth remembering”
Review of Syuen Hotel

Syuen Hotel
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This is one of the oldest hotel in town, it is situated in a really nice location, right opposite Ipoh Parade, so you can have your shopping done or catch a movie at night. There are also a few delicacies around this vicinity.
The hotel's lobby looks amazing, very retro and elegant, but lacks renovation. The room was big and nice, but upon further inspection, it is rather run down, old furniture, broken wardrobe, the TV reception is quite bad, OH NO!!!!!!! It is still acceptable though.
Breakfast buffet, it is normal, just requires a bit of supervision for cleanliness, especially the bread counter, there are some ants around the table.
I love how friendly and helpful the staffs were though, overall the stay was ok.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Orange_le_Voyageur

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This is a message to the owners of this hotel. Why don't you spend some money and restore it?
The rooms are shabby, old and dated. Waited ONE hour for towels when we had none. ONE hour. No exaggeration. We were delayed going out because we couldn't shower coz no towels left for us when we checked in. The WiFi NEVER worked at all. Not even once in the 24 hours we were there. It is just shameful. However, it's a good location and the beds were very comfortable and the aircon was fantastic. I paid the hotel rate of 179rm nett. Would I stay again? Unlikely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 490SSS
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel during Raya break. Good location, near to shopping mall. Just few minutes of walking.

Room quite spacious, comfortable bed although I wish they could provide extra pillow. Clean toilet and equipped with toiletries.

We had issue with breakfast where my brother and I had stomachache after ate the breakfast buffet. Not sure which food that cause this. Hotel really look a bit run down.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank AzrelRahiman
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I am a local people, I came to this hotel since20 years ago, after so long time I came back to my hometown I choose to stay in this hotel with all my good memories. The hotel room is good, both bed n bathroom are good. The breakfast is very nice too. Syeun hotel is very convenient near to the biggest shopping in ipoh. It's nice to stay here

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Saddha Y
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Initial impressions were a bit of a worry as the old girl is nearly 25 years old and looks a bit tired. However it got better. The room was large, the linen good, the bed comfortable, the a/c cold, the bath hot, the fridge worked........what more could you want!
Being Ramadan we opted for room service and had some great food at a good price.
Westeners note this is an alcohol free hotel, so be prepared.
Breakfast the next day was very good, with a large selection of both local and western food.
Good value for money and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: Suggest the higher the better to avoid street noise