Indulgence Living (and Restaurant)
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$34
Le Metrotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$81
US$62
Hotels.com
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Station 18(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$19
MU Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$44
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$28
US$25
US$22
US$436
US$392
US$125
All reviewscolonial bungalowboutique hotelrestaurant situateddouble storeythoroughly enjoyed our staypublic holidaythe ground floorsmall hotelcomfortable stayold townindulgentsuetkinnareemalaysiadesignbedding
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Bored with predictable hotel room?
This is the one for you!

We had no clear idea what we were getting into when we did our last minute booking on the eve of a public holiday.
When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the colonial bungalow tucked away in a lush and quiet estate minutes away from downtown Ipoh.

Our second surprise was a chic and quirky cafe/restaurant situated on the ground floor of the double storey bungalow (see my review of the restaurant under restaurant section). Then came the friendly staff who checked us in in record time.

The common area and room are tastefully decorated. The bedding is superb and the bathroom is spacious and spotless. There are a total of 7 rooms with individual design.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and dining experience here. We'll definitely come back.

If you want something out of the mass consumption hotel business, this place is worthy of trying.

*Note: Rooms strictly limited to two pax.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My friend and i went there to have tea time. I personally requested for twg tea as i saw they have it in their shop. They don't normally serve it but they do serve other teas which I don't know what brand of tea. They informed us that their tea is an imported one. We had two deserts, sticky dates and tiramisu. Tiramisu was recommended by the waitress there. Well not that great just normal. But we personally recommend the sticky dates. Super yum!! It's hard to find delicious sticky dates in Malaysia. And it costed me only rm12 which we think is on the low price end.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The serving was fast.
Relaxful atmosphere.
The price is reasonable than expected.
The taste of bolognese is too heavy for me, need some improvement.
Never thought that there is such good dining place in Ipoh. I am not really clear about the room as I just come and have my dinner
This is still a great place for couple after all.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2016

A bungalow converted restaurant situated in city centre with lush green compound and cosy home like environment serving fine culinary. Used to like their service when waiter Eddy was there who has the passion to know your likes and dislikes. Now only foreign workers whose service dropped to 3 stars.

Room Tip: Every rooms are designed with a theme.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isadora R
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Ipoh city has once again emerged as a foodie destination. I was there for a personal function with the family.

This property is an old mansion on a huge piece of land converted to a restaurant and hotel. It is located just a few kilometers out of town.

It has a popular western restaurant downstairs by the same name and 7 rooms upstairs for guests. A staff told me there is an eight room that can be opened if required. Each room has its own theme and all of them are nicely nice, The family booked 5 rooms so I had the opportunity to view a few of them. Mine was Thai themed. The room is spacious and nicely designed. I found mine really cozy and different. It is nice to find a hotel where each room is unique.

There are lots of nice rooms around the hotel where you can sit down and have a chat and a drink. It was perfect for us as a family. We sat in the area outside our room for drinks.

As mentioned the hotel has a well known restaurant. We booked a private room for our dinner. The food was really good. It was as good if not better than some of the food I have had in Australia. Kudos to the chef, Julie Song (who also happens to be the owner of the hotel).

If you are ever in Ipoh and looking for a quiet cozy getaway I would thoroughly recommend this place.

Special thanks to all the staff especially "Guru" who took good care of us during our stay.

Room Tip: Choose the suites. Cost a bit more but totally worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family