Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort
Pangkor Waterfall Beach Resort(Pangkor)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$13
Horizon Inn(Pangkor)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssuper deluxe roomswimming poolthe ground floorspoon restaurantthe ownerseafoodfew stepsbanana boatcomfortable stayfamily tripbeautiful landscapelocal dishesisland hoppingthe room was nicejet skibasic facilitieschalet room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My reviews as below

Pros
1. Room available per check in time
2. Room and bathroom is clean
3. My room is facing the swimming pool and very convenient to go into the pool anytime.
4. Very near to the beach. Less than a minute walk and the beach is clean too. You can also play some water sports, island hopping and etc. You can never get bored if you are into water sports.
5. A few restaurants which are really nearby and within walking distance

Cons
1. No car park in the hotel but you can always park outside of the hotel compound
2. No in room Wi-Fi
3. Not much breakfast options

Room Tip: Request for super deluxe room ground floor if you are travelling in around 4 pax as the room has a swimming pool view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Y_Kit
Reviewed 22 December 2011

i m just back from pangkor sandy beach, my holiday was from 18-20/12/11. i have a big group of my family which have 22ppl. i wish to thank you a girl name Edora which is the front desk girl, she was pretty nice & helpful.
As i know that this resort were running by few boses. When Management do decision making was no systematic. i'm using email to communicate with resort because i wish to keep all in black & white in case anything get not clear. but resort not running a good procedure, which 1 query can get twice different answer by different staff. hopefully management look seriously in this part.
Why i'm saying the food was tasty? resort have bbq buffet dinner RM55 per person but i reject to take it. which my family have more kids, they wish to play & try to bbq by own. Resort was suggest to help me buy the raw bbq food & prepare all the bbq equipment for my family. i'm order 4kg chicken wing, 3kg prawn, 2kg fish, 1kg fish ball, 2kg crab, 10ppl fried mee hoon+ fried rice. which cost me RM400 which included RM70 bbq facility. The seafood was extremely fresh, all the raw food had marinade by the chef. thank you to the chef which let me & my family have a wonderful everning dinner.
The end, the Resort location - best, staff - helpful, food - tasty, room - clean. Great to stay!!!

Room Tip: Room 107 is a corner delux room was great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank csm9191
vsuntharam, Manager at Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I’ll ensure that Ms.Edora is informed of your appreciation. I also wish to apologize to you if at any instant we have given you wrong or misleading information. I’m glad you have enjoyed the room, facility and food offered.
I wish you will consider us without much thought for your next vacation.
The Management

Reviewed 18 November 2011

my friend and i went to pangkor for a short trip. before we start the journey, i am the one to plan where to stay. after i checked the from TA i found out that a lot of good comments from sandy beach resort. and i have decided to bring my good friend to try it out. once we enter the room we saw a beautiful swimming pool right in front of the entrance. bravo! i book a 2 queens bed room which is in front of swimming pool. we arrived early and we placed our luggage at reception we started to play water sport. you can request water sport fron front desk and they are welling to make the arrangement for you. \or else you can go to the beach to look for beach boy to get assistance. the beach is just behind of the resort and in front of thier restaurant. very very very near\! good loction!

Room Tip: must choose the room in front of swimming pool. with terrece.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lynnypl
vsuntharam, General Manager at Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. Judging by your review, we are please that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Good value for a 3 stars resort. The staff are nice and helpful. Located at Pasir Bogak Beach, which is the 2nd nicest beach in Pangkor. Also near to Ye Lin restaurant [best seafood in town].
Room was clean, hairdryer available, fridge, flat screen TV with 7 channels. Scooters were available for rent for RM 40 per day.

Just the breakfast need some improvement, as there were not so many choices.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Centravanti

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We wish all our guests will leave our resort with fond memories. Our staff and management will do all it can and more to ensure you enjoy your stay at our resort. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We've been planning for an island getaway for quite a while and all this while, Langkawi has been our target destination. I came to TripAdvisor, reading reviews and stumbled upon Sandy Beach Resort. After a hefty discussion with my wife who thought of another resort in Pangkor, we decided to give Sandy Beach a shot. Called them up and made enquiries. The staff was friendly and very accomodating, immediately we booked the Super Deluxe. Checked in on 25th Oct and everything was great from there onwards. The room is extremely clean, with the swimming pool is just a couple of hops away, literally! The pool is clean and unlike most pools at other establishments, this water at this pool doesn't reek with the smell of chlorine. I have to say the design of the pool is nice too. The following day was 26th Oct, Deepavali. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety and since it was Deepavali, it had extra Indian delicacies. An Indian man, whom I was told is the owner greeted us with such warmth and honesty. The beach is just a stone's throw away, literally! It's clean and we took a boat ride for island hopping. The boatman was very friendly and our children enjoyed every bit of it. All in all, we'll definitely go back to Sandy Beach Resort because it's 1) CLEAN 2)FRIENDLY STAFF 3)SERENE AND COMFORTING. 100% recommending it especially to families with kids like us! By the way, if anyone from Sandy Beach Resort is reading this, WELL DONE GUYS! We stayed at 101 (just next to the Sandy Spoon), with 4 kids.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RahimTour

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and glad that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. The entire design of the resort was aimed at providing continence to all our guests i.e. business traveller, Solo, Couple or in your case a family. I’m sure your children enjoyed the kids’ pool. Wishing you all the best and hope to see you soon.