Lowest prices for your stay
US$22
US$23
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$16
Hotels.comUS$22
PricelineUS$23
TravelocityUS$22
All reviews shopping mall affordable price recommended hotel food court basic amenities easy access comfortable room hot water borneo hypermall ums cinema kota convenience toiletries checkin cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

We love the location of the hotel. Very strategic! Located in 1 Borneo, it is so easy to travel to the attractions in Kota Kinabalu.

It is also a perfect place to stay if you're planning to visit Kundasang after your visit to KK, as it's located just beside the main road.

Friendly staff too, they're giving us useful tips to explore the area. You can also opt to have your breakfast & lunch at Makan, the cafe inside Tune Hotel. The lunch price is roughly about RM7, which is about the normal lunch price in KK, so you can focus on exploring the area.

The family room has 2 singles + a bunk bed, which fits 4 person. Room & washroom is a bit small, but still comfortable.

No need to worry about toiletries & towels, they provide the basics. You will only need to bring your own toothbrush. Also they have airconds & ceiling fan.

Ironing place is shared at a common area, though. And will need to pay some parking fees.

Loving the experience!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank jenjalankami
TuneKK, Manager at Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2019

Dear Puan Norshafa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re so happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. Our team will be delighted to hear that they were able to make your stay a great one. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2019

while waiting my turn to be serve by the receiptionist about 30 minutes, one of the staff there was very picky! he served all others customer with a glass of oranges except me. just because my attire didnt look good, so he decided not to serve me? its not even i wanted to drink it so much, but i guess TUNE HOTEL has their own standard which is equality to all. Besides, the remote control didnt working where i have to use my own battery (luckily i did bring it for neccessities). it will be my first and last at tune.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
TuneKK, Manager at Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

I’m grateful you taking the time to shares this note. We sorry if you had such an unpleasant encounter or misunderstanding with service of the team. We are known for our warm welcome and hospitable team, and we hold our hotel to a simplicity & equality. In this case, unusual issue encountered and clearly fell short.

I’ve shared your review with the entire team. We will do everything we can to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

At meantime, please do provide us with your contact details. I need to hear your suggestions for service improvement purposes.

Thanks so much for letting us know. Your feedback is valuable to us and we remain committed to your business.

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

This hotel deserves to get a special attention due to its affordable room prices including with buffett breakfast. The buffett portion was generous and local-kind-of style. All of the staff esp receptionist are very friendly! They greet and smile endlessly. Very attentive indeed especially the male staff that checked me in. I would rate 6 out of 5 if I could. Definitely first class!

Room105
- IJ

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank aaguinxldo
TuneKK, General Manager at Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear IJ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, Melvin is truly a gem to have on our team! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night - the longest night of my life, a truly horrible hotel.

The building and rooms are all cement, there’s nothing in the rooms, not even a clock, closet or even a window!! It feels like a prison cell.

You hear everything!! An all concrete building, no furniture, no carpet, no windows, no curtains, means all sounds are amplified. You hear every door in the hotel close (which sounds like a slamming door) people walking on other floors, your neighbor going to the bathroom at 2am. You also hear the kitchen staff getting ready for breakfast with banging pots, dishes and cutlery, this starts at 3:58am

Our shower drain made a constant gargle sound and had a strong foul odor. My guess, all the drains are connected, so you get a smell of what everyone is sending down the drain from other rooms.

I don’t know the address for hell, but I’m sure it’s got better rooms than this place.

On a positive note - the AC worked well.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank E8263ZGpeterf
TuneKK, Manager at Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience and sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with our hotel.

We pride ourselves on our services and the quality standards we maintain, and would like to make things right.

You can expect a call from us soon to discuss what occurred and how we might make it up to you.

Again, I’m terribly sorry to hear about your disappointment with us, and I would like to personally assist you with making things right. Your feedback is very important for us. We remains committed to your business and determine to win you again as our valued guest.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

overall ok..booking for 3 room..i stay in 309 family room..not sure a/c prob or room to big for small a/c..tired to go up down...the other room ok...inside the shopping mall..everything u wanted is there..keep up the service...they keep smiling...

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
TuneKK, Manager at Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Dear Syu,

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. We are already working on tackling the problem as I write this. We hope to see you here again and please bring all your friends and family. Your feedback makes us better. Thank you