Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
US$82
Booking.comUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
PricelineUS$89
All reviews m club infinity pool rooftop bar sea view corner room with balcony executive premier room mobile app lounge access coffee table check in process beautiful room kk waterfront breakfast spread room size front office f b the south china sea
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2022 via mobile

I spent just under a week at the hotel and it was a wonderful experience. When I arrived they knew my name and gave me a lovely suite with a sea view on 13th floor. Everyone was welcoming as is the way here but it felt I made friends with the folks that work here. I am an expatriate that lives in hotels across Asia btw and friendliness is important to me.

Good: room was amazing
Room cleaning: perfect
Pool side service: great (the team are learning and that’s ok)
Breakfast……my most important meal of the day.

The food on offer is wonderful, lots of choice and you won’t go hungry.

BUT….you have hot plate warmers that can be turned on for the curry, rice, chicken dishes…..please turn them on when a cooked dish is served. I got used to cool chicken and rice or sauce. If it’s supposed to be hot then use what you have and keep it hot.

That’s all.

Ps I am due back soon. I would love a hot breakfast. You all are lovely and amazing so thank you

Room tip: Nothing bad at all. Great live music within 2 minutes and a great mall 3 minutes ……both walking times
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Trek59986952287
Reviewed 9 June 2022 via mobile

Such a nice vacation, i enjoy to stay here, the hotel very nice look modern and the staff are very friendly, and this is my second time here Borneo, I meet a good grab driver call "JACK", he very friendly and good service to show us around, if anyone need transport service just Whatsapp him +60128435750, he can do city tour, Kinabalu park tour, firefly tour and many more, next time will be back here again.

Room tip: If anyone need transport service just call or Whatsapp this driver JACK +60128435750
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

Staying with Marriott KK for 2 nights from 23-25 May 2022. The experience was quite good. Location is strategic, located at the city centre, walking distance to KK Waterfront, Filipino Market, Handcraft Market, Todak hawker centre etc...

Arriving at noon, our luggage was handle by a friendly security(wonder that why there is no bellman at this property?)

Check in process was fast and done by a helpful front desk staff name Danise. Our room located at 10th floor, overlook to the south china sea. The room is huge and comfortable, the only sad thing is the wifi & tv channel down on 24 may.

The infinity pool at 8th foor quite nice, however is lack of pool service, the pool attendance standing at the towel kiosk. When we approch to get a towel, she just look at us, no greeting not asking our room number.

The rooftop bar is my favourite spot in the entire property. 50%off during the happy hour, spacial thank for Elizabeth friendly service.

Communicate with the hotel through GXP, the respond was fast, we did not goes down for breakfast at restaurant, however we order in room dining breakfast, delivered on time and the food is delicious.

Overall the hotel is quite good, just need a little of maintenance. The Oceanus Mall next to the hotel was totally become empty, lot of shop lots close down due to the pandamic.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2022

Accommodated from 30th March-6 April. Always thought mariot had a classy brand of itself. However was surprised Kota Kinabalu Mariott does not reflect so. From depressing ambience,to cleaniness to customer service is definitely below par and needs attention. Am sure there are cheaper hotels around with better servives

Date of stay: March 2022
Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2022

Dear dharroshan,

Greetings from Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback of your stay experience.

On behalf of my team and myself, we sincerely apologize that we had fallen short of meeting your expectations as a valued guest such as yourself should be deserving especially at a Marriott. I would like to assure you that this is certainly not the level of service our associates strive to provide. I shall review this matter in-depth with the respective department heads and conduct the necessary re-trainings on our hosts’ communication as well as our procedures once again to ensure that such would not recur again in the future.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near dates to come and to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence with my team's hospitality and with Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

Thank you.

Feezah Nadirah
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed here during the long weekend in May 2022. Room type is Sea View, M Club Lounge, Corner, Large room, Balcony, high floor.

Due to the holiday, we checked in at 5pm. The hotel is kind to agree to our request of checking out two hours later the next day due to the late check in.

The room is spacious and modern, with a large balcony. The view is amazing.

However, the bathroom is hot during the day due to no aircon vent in the bathroom. There is only one aircon vent at the bedroom which is taking a long time to cool the bathroom. Even during night time, the bathroom is warm and stuffy.

The breakfast is not bad, quite standard. The best part is sea view table. Make sure to go early to secure the nice seat.

The thing that I love the most is the lounge that allow us to takeaway barista coffee and tea back to the room anytime during the day. And the coffee taste good.

Room tip: Bathroom is really stuffy and warm with only one air con vent at the room. Can takeaway really nice barista coffee at the lounge.
Date of stay: May 2022