All reviewsdeco cafewooden bathtubsea viewrain showergaya streetsunday marketdeluxe roomwalking distancecentral locationoutdoor poolsmoking floorfree upgradeegg stationhotel restaurantbuffet breakfastnice bathroomsuria sabah
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for business purposes

Location - 4.5/5 - good location. Close to many shopping centers and the sea. Only reason why it’s not 5/5 it’s because you probably need to walk around 10-15 min to reach them. There are closer hotels to the mall.

Facilities/ amenities- 3/5 - Swimming pool is small but it offers a good view of the sea. Gym is large and spacious. There is a splash pool for the kids, size of maybe 4 bath tubs put together.

Room - 4/5 - what I like about the room is that the window is huge and the bed is right in front of it. Room is also clean. The view I got was the sea view which was also good.

Service - 4/5 - everyone is nice and helpful. However, it seems that the left over outside my room along the corridor was there overnight.

Breakfast - 3/5 - better off having it around the hotel.

Sky spa- 0/5 - no comments. I won’t return.

Conclusion- it’s probably a very good hotel 10 years ago. It very well kept and you can tell that it is very old.

It there is one thing that can be improved it the parking coupon system. You have to go to the lobby to get a chop, after that head to the second floor to exchange it for another ticket. If you park your floor on the third floor, then you have to go down and up and up.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AdrianC4544
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 days in Horizon hotel. I assumed that since this is a 4 star hotel, I would be able to change currency. But no... Was informed by the front desk they don't exchange currency. It was 9 pm & my wife & I needed the money for taxi & dinner. Spoke to the duty manager Jashvir & offered to deposit 100 USD with him as deposit for 100 Malaysian Ringgit.... Didn't oblige & was rather rude. Currency exchange stores were closed by then. Inspite of our plight he made no attempt to help us. Never faced such shabby treatment. Would have given negative ranking for this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank bngfoodgalore
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located nearby to the Philippines Market and it's just around the corner to the delicious restaurant named Little Italy.
The room is spacious and comfy.
Varieties of breakfast menu & the staff are at a great help. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The hotel is located in the center of KK, many restaurants and several shopping malls nearby and accessible to all the key points around KK.

No beach so in case you want to swim or lie on the beach, you need to take taxi if hotel pool is not enough. Or a boat to the islands nearby – worthwile!

The room was OK: deluxe room with a huge terrace facing the ocean.
The bed was comfortable. The toilet and shower OK, the sink and the bath tub located in the room behind the bed (so not in the bathroom). The bath tub was not clean, and after our 1st bath, it was not cleaned the next day either.
Wifi was good.

The breakfast is OK, would have wanted more European food but I understand that there are not so many western tourists at the hotel.

The staff is friendly and helpful, especially at the breakfast restaurant!
However, some of the staff could improve attention to the details: e.g. 1) it would have been great to have a welcome fruit basket in the room when we arrive and not at 10 p.m. after two phone calls to the duty manager, 2) we should have received -20% discount from laundry as we were staying over 1 week but we did not if we did not ask it over and over again, 3) cleaners forgot to add toilet paper several times.

The house next to the hotel was under renovation. Would have been good to know that in advance as the construction work was made on daily basis. Some of the construction material (e.g. a rusted nail, some styrofoam and plastic) fell down to our terrace!

Strange thing at the hotel spa is that after the treatments, the massager asks for the tip! And that happened after every of our three treatments. Request for the tipping was really strange as normally they did not wait for any tip in the restaurants or taxis in KK!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinsku
Reviewed 26 December 2017

The only great thing about the hotel is its location is great, right in the center of KK old town. It is just 2 streets away from the Sunday market. The new or old shopping malls are about 10 to 15 mins walk and a lot of eaters around the hotel.

The front counter staff are friendly and helpful. However, the bad spa experience made me rate this hotel only average. My friend and I went for the traditional massage. One Chinese and Thai ladies attended to us. Their skills were rather bad, just like touching your skin and muscles. At the end of it, they "demanded" tipping from us. The Chinese lady was smarter and she asked for MYR30 from me. Not to make her feel that she has bad massage skills, I gave her MYR30. It was my fault that still agreed to give her MYR30 despite her bad massage skills.

Hence, I advised all guests to this hotel. DO NOT use their spa massage services, bad massage skills and yet you are expected to tip bad massage skills. Overall, the hotel can service your basic needs to lodging and breakfast.

There are a wide variety of food for breakfast. However, the pastry,bread and cakes are not warm and freshly made. I advised guests to eat their local warm food instead.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends