2,499 results
All reviews night market spg member the club lounge seafood the general manager local market fish market tour desk central location wet market the south china sea city view a sea view room an upgrade breakfast spread local food jesselton point
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is my 4th stay here in 2 years for business meetings and i really like the place. The staff is friendly, i know most of their faces and they know me by name, so a very welcome feel everytime i return. The food here is excellent with a variety of western, Malaysian and Chinese items available. The rooms are clean, spacious, air-conditioned and the ones on the ocean side have a great view of the market and the fishing fleet. In the Malaysian market maybe a bit more expensive than other. Compared to US prices very affordable also.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for making Le Meridien KK your hotel of choice whenever returning to Sabah. It feels good to know that many of our team members are able to recognize you when you are with us that is so important and something we very much focus on every day.
Really appreciate your continuous support

Reviewed 24 August 2011

This Le Meridien has given me faith to stay with this chain again after my unfortunate visit to another one last time.

Check-in was quite good however since it was 12:45pm, there were quite a bit of people checking in and out at the same time so had a couple of people push in front of me to check-out! I think they need to separate the queues to avoid this as the same lines formed when I checked-out as well. This was only a minor inconvenience in the whole scheme of things. They also offer an upgrade to the Club room for RM120++. I would have done this if I was at the hotel more however since I had two early starts and away from the hotel for two full day tours then I decided against it. It would have been fantastic value though.

I was truly impressed with Vivien. The check-in time was not until 3pm but she organised a complimentary drink for me at the lobby lounge and would inform when my room was ready. This was a great first impression as most other hotels would send you on your way and tell you to check-in later. This was a good initiative from her and should be recognised. It was also raining outside so even better for me. The room was ready at 2:15pm.

I had a superior room but since I was a SPG member, I got room 1016 which was on the side but still managed to get a sea view so was very happy about that. At first I thought I got a normal room as the two rooms beside it had a SPG sign but the SPG sign on my door was missing so I think they need to replace it! It had a king size bed and it was firm (but I do prefer softer beds). The bathroom was large with a separate shower and tub.

The Jean-Georges signature buffet breakfast at Circle Restaurant was fantastic both in variety and value. At only RM38++, you have a choice of a variety of food including American, Chinese dim sum, Indian, Malaysian, and other delicious choices. I was impressed that you could even juice your own fresh juice. Well worth trying. Room service has a good choices too and was delicious.

The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the city thus making it convenient walking distance to all the amenities like resturants and shopping.

I even got an email from the GM, Alex Riva, to thank me for staying and hopefully come back. I will recommend this property to my friend who is going in November.

I highly recommend this hotel to someone who wants to be in the heart of the city.

Room tip: Join SPG to get a room from xx14 onwards so you are at least side on to get a seaview if staying in a superior room
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rc33

Thank you for those two words in the title of your review. I can see we did pretty well although here and there it wasnt perfect as I probably wish it would have been.
Vivien is indeed a gem and I will make sure she knows she has impressed you with her way of handling the situation,.
Following up with many of our guests after they stay is something I like to do as it allows me to connect with our valuable guests and to learn so much from their experiences. Thank you for acknowledging that.
Make sure you let me know next time you plan to return.
Regards,
alex

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at Le Meridien for 9 days in Aug and we upgraded to the Club Lounge which was fantastic, the staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you with a special thanks to Ade who was so delightful to deal with.

The hotel is in the best spot with the markets across the road and also the waterfront for some great meals and close to the shops. The room was nice and big and very clean with a fantastic view of the islands. Also had a really lovely massage in Solace, very relaxing.

We had a great holiday and the hotel and staff just made the whole thing just that bit more memerable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelgyPerth

Hello and thank you for your kind words and for recommending Le Meridien as the best place to stay when visiting Kota Kinabalu.
I am happy to know Ade looked after you, he and his team are indeed starring team members and we are so happy to have them.
Till next visit

Reviewed 20 August 2011

A nice modern hotel with large clean rooms, a brilliant selection of western and Asian food for breakfast. Our club room was overlooking the sea and night market. A visit to the night market is essential an amazing atmosphere. The hotel had brilliant facilities including a nice pool and free car park for guests. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2011
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Thank you Lauren for your concise but comprehensive reveiw on what our hotel is all about. I am happy you had a good time.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were in one of the upper floors with a view overlooking the sea and the markets directly in front of the hotel on the wharf. The room was huge by most hotels standards and very clean. There was a desk for doing business and a very comfortable king bed. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast spread was vast catering to all needs wheather european or asian. Drinks were a little on the expensive side, (Rm26) for a beer although going durring happy hour from 5pm to 7pm. Half price drinks on tap beers. There's also a excellent cigar/meeting room behind the bar seating which was fantastic and can be reserved. As mentioned it's close to the markets whhich get into full swing around 5pm onwards and there's a good lineup of restaurants situated on the jetty next to the markets. There's a huge pool area on the 2nd floor. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank KiwiStevechch
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

You said it all thank you very much. Location, comfortable accommodation and friendly service is the perfect recipe for a guest to return and I am happy you will. You already found a way to have a beer for a half price, you now got yourself a couple of glasses on me when you are here again