“Perfect, excellent hotel!”

Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel was perfect in all regards. Location, service, comfort and of course cleanliness of the room. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable. Pool on second floor was just the right size with a very attentive bar tender. For those traveling with little ones, there is a shallow pool just perfect for them. Breakfast was yummy, good selection. Nothing was too much to ask from staff and appreciated their help in securing sliced apples to take on day trips for our son. One of the most stress free hotel stays we've had in southeast Asia!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Stress free...that is exactly what a hotel should be ! And I am glad some of the little things made the difference.
Alex

Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Checked in for 2 nights to attend an expo. When my flight was delayed for 8 hours, I emailed them to hold my room, which they responded within 10 min. Great start! Then, it went down hill from there... During breakfast, I had to asked the same waitress for a cup of coffee 3 times, waited for 25 min... and still no coffee! Strike One! My room was not made up when I return at 8 pm after an entire day at the expo. I had to call the housekeeping to remind them to clean up my room and replenish the toiletries. Strike Two! When I checked out, they charged me for Internet usage which I did not use. I normally do not check my bills having stayed with SPG establishments in most of my travels... Luckily I did, and the receptionist quickly reversed the charges. Strike Three! This Le Meridien is ruining the reputation of other SPG establishments, which I have great experiences in the past. I seriously urge the Management to look at their system and people training! Otherwise, the room is quite decent, and the location is great.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Kongsi-INFO
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

I have to agree with you the shortfalls you have experienced are not acceptable and I have no excuses to explain why the coffee service was not up to our normal standards and the room was done serviced till you requested in the evening. The internet as well should never have been charged and although it is an automated process there is definitely a human error in setting up the wrong code.
I can reassure you that our standard of efficiency are usual of a higher level. And I dont have a nice feeling in seeing that a series of unfortunate circumstances came together to marr your overall experience. I am now going back to those areas to once again ensure our systems are solid and accurate so that no other guests will have to be affected the same way.
Feel free to contact me via the hotel email so that I can personally share with you my sentiments.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Totally concur with all the positive reviews of this place. The location is excellent, for a start. I had a couple of minor hiccups which were resolved and them some. Problem with bathroom plumbing resulted in a room upgrade, no questions asked. Confusion over reservation (fixed fairly quickly via contact with travel agent) landed us with free drinks on arrival. Also had an invitation to attend a complimentary sunset drinks & snacks function poolside on our third night. The buffet breakfast was incredibly expansive & indulgent - like no other I've experienced internationally or on cruise ships. The hotel manager also made personal contact via email after our stay to check that we were satisfied with everything. All staff were enthusiastic & friendly. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 11th floor was little different from top (12th) floor which is their "club level", so I...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Thank you for closing an eye or two on a couple of the little hiccups. I am glad the team was able to turn the situation around and ensure you would have a great time at the hotel.
Happy travelling

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Spent 5 nights at the hotel in a club room. Room was lovely and big with a sea view and allowed us access to the club lounge. Great view from the club lounge and free drinks in the evenings for a couple of hours had us chatting to fellow travellers for a few enjoyable nights. The location is great and is right in the centre of food, shopping, massages and pretty much anything you want. For those wanting to see Orangutans suggest booking yourself to Sandakan and seeing both feeding session times as those on group tours don't get to spend much time at the sanctury. Worth doing some day trips from the hotel, organise outside of he hotel. The hotel was clean and lovely and the staff were excellent, would defintely recommend this hotel to stay at in KK.

Room Tip: Join Starwoods hotel group for cheaper rates to better rooms and try and get a club room if you can...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for reassuring us and others you had a great time and for recommending us. That is the best compliment.
Enjoy your travels

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Location of this hotel is fantastic. Just walking distance to the market and shopping centers.If you get a sea view room, you can enjoy lovely sunset everyday. I stayed here for two days and the hotel is clean, well maintained and the staff are very friendly. Enjoyed the lunch buffet with excellant choice of local and international cuisine.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing. Only one thing I cant totally agree with you is the "sunset every day". We are working on it however that remains our biggest challenge...
Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kota Kinabalu
0.7 km away
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu
#6 of 92 in Kota Kinabalu
2 km away
Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera)
0.7 km away
Hotel Sixty3
#1 of 92 in Kota Kinabalu
21.1 km away
Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu? Share your experiences!