“Service is Unbearably Slow”

Rock Road Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 671 Restaurants in Kuching
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Rock Road Seafood Restaurant! If you are looking for good chinese food or Halal food, this is the place. With over 40 years of experience, Rock Road Seafood Restaurant specializes in authentic Chinese food and local cuisine. Don't miss our special Home-made Hainanese Sauce - it goes well with any seafood or choice of meat. Our lunch and dinner menu offer an array of flavorful dishes that is sure to satisfy any appetite..
Reviewed 8 September 2017

It’s halal certified.

The signature of this restaurant is Satay crabs & breads. The flesh crabs was incredible sweet, rich and creamy. Whereas, the satay sauce well coated the crabs, not overly sweet.

Since I didn’t want to dirty my hands, I only ate crab leg. The worst part was the waiters not help us in opening the crabs. This included tools.

The service was unbearably slow. It’s annoying because I had waited for 1 hour. Since patience was not my strength, I requested the supervisor restaurant to speed up the cooking process.

4 dishes were served. Also, it took 40 minutes to serve the another last few dishes. In the meantime, we’re full.

That night meal worked out RM 300, which was reasonable based on what we ordered. Anyway, I was not fond their slow service.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Very overrated with dishes cooked and served not consistent. The ambience are dull and place smell damp. Not a conducive place to dine and enjoy an evening out. Staff serving efficiency are just so so. The meal pricing are exorbitant for the standard of cooking and presentation.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Rock Road was recommended to us but regretfully, did not meet up to expectations.

Private rooms are dated, entrance leading to the 1st floor is dominated by a large fruit storage display that made me think that I had walked into the fresh produce section of a supermarket.

We had fish, crab and prawns. In addition to a soup dish and vegetables. I accept that any food is a matter of taste but one measure I use to gauge how good seafood is the blend between the produce (fish, crab or prawn) and the sauce. In our case, the sauces such as the tomato base and chili base used for our prawn and crab, tended to be overpowering and overwhlemed the taste of the meat itself.

If you are looking for a pleasant seafood dining experience, stay on the road.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

we were the only overseas tourist there the night we went. Definitely worth making the 25 ringgit taxi ride from the central city. Every taxi knows it.
We had superb seafood and side dishes. Favourite was the curried crabs.
Surprisingly for anywhere in Asia the manager had an excellent wine selection, it was very reasonably priced and he kept it in proper temperature controlled chilled storage rather than on a shelf or even in the sun.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 5 May 2017

on 4 may 2017, family members booked two private rooms & parking spaces. food was excellent. loved the chinese tea. the private rooms accommodated all 19 people. loved the bread dip current prawn.