“Will come again!!!”

Rock Road Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 656 Restaurants in Kuching
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Rock Road Seafood Restaurant! If you are looking for good chinese food or Halal food, this is the place. With over 40 years of experience, Rock Road Seafood Restaurant specializes in authentic Chinese food and local cuisine. Don't miss our special Home-made Hainanese Sauce - it goes well with any seafood or choice of meat. Our lunch and dinner menu offer an array of flavorful dishes that is sure to satisfy any appetite..
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Excellent seafood in town!! Fresh, tasty and absolutely delicious seafood. Will be one of my favourite restaurant.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Always one of my favourite restaurant, the satay crabs is one of my love although the price is high and can’t get the fresh crab every time, but I will still come back

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Used to be one of my fav Seafood restaurant when I am back in Kuching for family reunion each time. Last night we handpicked 2 crabs for Hainanese cooking style dish. To our dismay, only 1 crab was served instead of 2!!! Unfortunately we were originally quoted for xx kg and 2 crabs...the crab that was served was somewhat smaller The staffs apologized for the mistake, blamed kitchen mixed up. We had to reselect another crab and had to wait for the other crab to be cooked. What I am not happy about is obviously we were not paying for what we ordered...They gave complimentary fried buns which were worth 4 ringgit to compensate...but that won't up for the stupid mistake.

My mom spoke to her friends about our experience at the restaurant last night. Apparently she was told this is not new and has happened to others. Past patrons complained about ordering xx kg prawns etc but when served amount seems somewhat lesser.

I can't say if this is an honest mistake but if this has happened many times to others, one start to question the integrity of the restaurant. Why cheat?

This is bad reputation for the restaurant. Locals are now avoiding, people talk and news spread. Outsiders like me will avoid in the future...

1  Thank Diana W
rockrd, Manager at Rock Road Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for Ms Diana valuable comment. The issue has been sorted out amicably between us. We take seriously upon your comment published in Trip Advisor. We ensure current issue will not be repeated. Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

From

The Management

Rock Road Seafood Restaurant S/B

082-241575

Reviewed 8 September 2017

It’s halal certified.

The signature of this restaurant is Satay crabs & breads. The flesh crabs was incredible sweet, rich and creamy. Whereas, the satay sauce well coated the crabs, not overly sweet.

Since I didn’t want to dirty my hands, I only ate crab leg. The worst part was the waiters not help us in opening the crabs. This included tools.

The service was unbearably slow. It’s annoying because I had waited for 1 hour. Since patience was not my strength, I requested the supervisor restaurant to speed up the cooking process.

4 dishes were served. Also, it took 40 minutes to serve the another last few dishes. In the meantime, we’re full.

That night meal worked out RM 300, which was reasonable based on what we ordered. Anyway, I was not fond their slow service.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Very overrated with dishes cooked and served not consistent. The ambience are dull and place smell damp. Not a conducive place to dine and enjoy an evening out. Staff serving efficiency are just so so. The meal pricing are exorbitant for the standard of cooking and presentation.