1,879 results
All reviews the river waterfront cafe the executive lounge a river view room batang ai club room bit dated travel agent chinese restaurant an upgrade breakfast buffet top spot food court pleasant stay business trip main bazaar water front strategic location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A quick business trip to Kuching allowed me to stay for one night at this Hilton. It is an older hotel with nicely renovated rooms and good facilities. The gym is very good and the location is picturesque, while convenient. There is a beautiful pool area.

Some things that didn't work for me:
* the room A.C. (Room 803) rattles from time to time, interrupting your sleep
* front desk staff added breakfast to my room rate at check-in but I was charged separately in the restaurant (despite two phone calls) and at check-out. Too difficult!
* coffee was not offered at breakfast and the machines provided make a poor espresso

This Hilton is good but not up to standards of KL Sentral or Bandung Indonesia.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Brian A,

Thank you for leaving us with a review. I am pleased to note that you find your stay here pleasant. Glad that you enjoyed the facilities during your stay here especially the gym and swimming pool. Whilst, I am disappointed to hear about the shortfall in services and duly noted on this for further improvements. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Kuching again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 4 nights in a club room and were pleasantly surprised with our experience.The staff, the location, the service and the food were all excellent. The staff in the club lounge, in particular, were first class - they were friendly, attentive and always seemed to be on hand with a drink refill. The hotel in general is "tired" and in need of renovations and this is the only thing that prevented an "excellent" rating. However, that is obviously reflected in the price of accommodation which represented excellent value for money. So if you can overlook a few blemishes then this is the ideal place to stay in Kuching - right on the river promenade and close to many restaurants, china street and the new shopping mall. We would certainly stay here again if we returned.

Room Tip: Ask for a river front room - the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear tandl03,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am thrilled to hear that you find your stay here magnificent. Happy to know that our team members have done a great job in delivering their friendly hospitality services that have exceeded your expectations. I am also glad that you enjoyed the food that was served as well. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Kuching again in near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Chose to stay here are debating between this and another newer property. In the end, I am glad we chose the Hilton.

It may not be the newest or the shiniest property along the waterfront but the service, breakfast and location make it PERFECT!

The staff were extremely helpful from the start, advising me patiently on my upgrade options when I decided that the room I booked was a tad too small for our party of three. For a reasonable top-up, we secured daily breakfasts, a larger room and an extra bed which ensured everyone was fed, had their own space and there was no bad night's sleep from cramped sleeping conditions. They thoughtfully called to check if everything was to our liking after check-in and promptly produced more amenities for all three of us.

The location meant that we were just across the road from the river with a gorgeous view of the fort and the Parliament house. we were flanked by many dining options and shops to ensure our needs were well taken care of. A bit of exploration turned up a 24hr coin laundry (5mins away) and lots of quaint little shops and streets waiting to be explored.

One major highlight was the breakfast! Hilton has never failed to delight when it comes to the variety but the freshly baked croissants available at the Hilton Kuching are the best way to start the morning! That plus the local laksa prepared a la minute made breakfast something my kids are still talking about after returning.

To work off the excess calories, the pool and the 24hr gym are worth a visit or two. Equipment at the gym are well maintained and more than sufficient for a good workout.

Thank you Hilton Kuching for being such a wonderful part of our trip!

Room Tip: High floor with a river view is a nice option especially when the lights come on at night.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jintymikmax,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you find your stay here pleasant. Happy to hear that our team members have done a great job in delivering their hospitality services. Good to know that you really liked the breakfast that was served and also the facilities especially the gym. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Kuching again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I know this is Kuching - and high(er) end accommodation options are limited but the Hilton falls down in some basics.

We were on the executive lounge which meant a longer check-in as it was on a separate floor, there was one person and a queue rather than the smoother operation downstairs. The ‘executive lounge’ was devoid of anything apart from a coffee machine (all of which I could forgive) but we had three days there and one properly hot shower - all others were cold and that isn’t acceptable for this chain/4*. If I wanted cold water I’d pay a lot less for a hostel. Food is as expected - but much much better variety, VFM and quality within walking distance.

The Hilton’s slogan is something along the lines of if you aren’t satisfied we will make it right. Well o wasn’t and they didn’t.

More broadly the location is excellent and the pool great! And if we came back to Kuching we would probably stay here again (on a deal) due to the paucity of other options.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear girlinagirdle,

Thank you for leaving us with a review. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. I am disappointed to hear about the shortfall in services that you had experienced during your stay here. Duly noted on your comments as your feedbacks are very important for us to improve. I look forward to having an opportunity towelcome you back to Hilton Kuching again for a better experience.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Visited earlier on this year and was upgraded to a room on the top floor. So clean and amazing views across the city/ water. Staff were very helpful throughout and went over and above to help you. Pool area is fab and was always nice and quiet when we were there. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
HiltonKuching, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear NP1194,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you find your stay here pleasant. Good to hear that our team members have done a great job in delivering their hospitality services. Also, glad that you enjoyed the facilities provided by the hotel too. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Kuching again soon.