I heard from friends that it is not worth going all the way to Borneo Highlands Resort to play golf nor stay in the hotel as it is poorly maintained. Despite their discouragement I wanted to try it out as I heard that the hotel was renovated 3 years ago and upgraded. The price for staying in the resort is not cheap and though I was warned of the vegetarian meals I went anyway as I was visiting Kuching.
On arrival the room looked nice even though it is very small. Then the teeny weeny bathroom started to get wet each time I used the sink. I reported to the reception and they replied that it was nothing wrong and they just wiped it.
By 10 pm the bathroom was still wet and they told me that the staff was off duty and there was nothing wrong. How can that be? I had not showered nor use the bathroom and still it is wet. Then they changed room for me in the middle of the night. So stressful!
There is a lift in the resort. However it is always out of order and if you stay on the 2nd floor and the amenities are in the basement you really have to walk up the stairs for your meals, etc....Not recommended for those who cannot walk!!
The hotel is supposed to be renovated but the wifi is out of order each time there is rain or thunderstorm.....and it rains everyday in the afternoon.
The vegetarian meals are not worth trying.....unless you are absolutely hungry and need to feed a gnawing stomach.
There is a theatre for film show to occupy the guest but the films are so outdated and so old they might as well not provide the guest with this entertainment.
I am glad that I went to see what the renovated Borneo Hills Resort is like but I will not bother to visit it again as there are other stresses to put up with if you are thinking of going there for a good time of relaxation for golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden treasure in the heart of Borneo’s highland rainforest. Cleverly tucked away in the exotic highland rainforest of Borneo standing at the height of 1,000 meters above sea level on the Sarawak-Kalimantan border. Flushed within 5,000 acres of untouched greens, surrounded by the world’s oldest and 2nd largest tropical rainforest, Borneo Highlands Resort is surely a sanctuary to escape to. Unwind, renew, and rejuvenate with a careful selection of enjoyable retreats, tailored exclusively for you to take care of your inner self while we take care of the rest. Back to Nature, Back to Basics ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Borneo Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Highlands Hotel Kuching
- Borneo Highlands Resort Kuching, Sarawak