Harbour View Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$46
US$41
Agoda.com
All reviewschinese templehotel areacomfort stayrenovated roomkuching waterfrontduring peak hoursbuffet breakfast issouvenir shopswater frontplaza merdekabathroom doorcarpenter streetair conditioningnice place to staymini fridgereception counterlaundry service
Reviewed 16 January 2012

There are so many cockroaches in the room! How to stay
Most of the facilities in the room are not in good condition!
Toilet - no pipe/hose or bidet. Very unhygienic!
Pay RM 165 for what! Worse than low class hotel!
Regret to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank michelleh0
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at Harbour view for 4 nights over New Year and it was an excellent base for (re)visiting Kuching. The room was quiet, large, clean, comfortable and had a great view across the river. We did not have meals there but there is no shortage of restaurants in Kuching. Sure, the wifi (labelled "lobby") only worked in the lobby, and when it was not functioning, the staff reset the system straight away. Staff were friendly and let us use our computer in the restaurant outside of meal times.There were always taxis available if we needed to go further afield than the waterfront, main bazaar etc. The only complaint was the smell of someone else's cigarette smoke in the hallway, but the hotel cannot be blamed for other guests' lack of courtesy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaggieKuching
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The bedroom itself was fine, if somewhat utilitarian, but the bathroom was in serious need of attention with the tiles mildewed and caulk rotting. Breakfast was good, however.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2011

When we arrived, the lobby was fine, receptionist was polite and hospitable. Our room was at level 10 with river view, considerably spacious with a 2-seater sofa but i wouldn't sit on it as it looked too old to me.

The only new item in the room, probably the flat screen TV! Channel could be intermittently stop.

There were no tooth brush and slipper provided. Toilet with mould at the sides of bath tub and the mirror, frankly it was OK to me, the most irritated me was hair left behind the toilet and at the side of my bed! They would not do thorough clean up everyday.

TODAY, there was a long hair sticks at the hair dryer, it wasn't ours as we don't have such long hair!!!!

The shower head was fixed at the wall, the lower water outlet was mainly for bath tub, so I have to wash my hair when I have shower, otherwise there is no way I can just wash my hair! Hot water was just higher than body temperature, if someone wants to have a hot bath, no chance!

On the first night, it was heavy rain whole day, we wanted to borrow an umbrella, the one who supposed to serve us was went out to have a puff, when he returned, he looked like reluntantly lending us an umbrella, wrote a demand slip for RM60, in case we lose the umbrella, we understood it was the procedure but just his face showed unhappily!

Wifi, sometimes strong and often very weak or terminate automatically!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank csy_123
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed at the Harbour View for a couple of nights and had a lovely stay. The rooms are simple but perfectly fine. Nice bathroom with a good shower. Breakfast was fine. There was a small spread of bread, cakes, savoury curries etc and a chef serving eggs to order. The staff were all very pleasant. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple