“Average restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 546 Restaurants in Kuching
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Malaysian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

From what I heard Barok is quite popular as they have been featured in some local travel-food programmes. After being there I would say the food is quite average, I think I can get the same quality of food at the foodcourt facing the river, and cheaper. Service was ok, not the fastest thing in the world. So overall just average.

Visited January 2012

KL, Malaysia
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Heard about manok pansoh before visiting Kuching. However, the one we found online was closed down. Getting tips from a friendly local, we tried out this My Village Barok. The environment is nice. Only one thing to complaint is the mosquitoes! The food were all nice. Can get most of the nice local food here, ie manok pansoh, midin etc. The staffs were kind enough to help us with some food that we did not know how to handle. But it's a bit pricey.

Visited October 2011