“Good hotel for it's price”

Crystal Crown Hotel Petaling Jaya
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We stayed in this hotel for few nights. Rooms are clean. Stuff is pretty friendly and helpful. Nothing special about the swimming pool - just a pool good enough to swim and refresh. Located pretty far from the KLCC but it's compensated by the difference in price. We liked the hotel Limo-service and the driver.Sometimes it smells on the second floor - where two restaurants are located - they should do something with air circulation system for sure. Good in-room 24h dining. At the beginning we were scared by previous reviewers but our fears were groundless - maybe the hotel management reads the reviews and takes actions. Make your opinion yourself but I would say this hotel is good for rooms costs.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PNG79

Reviewed 5 July 2009

Staffs are unfriendly and unhelpful. The corridors, room, toilet are dirty and packed with the smell of roaches. The room is spacious enough but what's the point when it looks like a haunted room? The breakfast is bad too like the other reviews. I would rather buy some instant noodle at the 7-11. I will never go there anymore! Yes. I am very unsatisfied and I hope that no one will have the same experience as me.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank CavTraveller
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Stayed in Crystal Crown PJ 1-year ago and it's exactly the same. No improvement in the leaking bathroom.

Important point to note, ask for a NON-connecting room. Otherwise you might hear sounds you seriously don't want to hear in the middle of the night. The walls are way too thin if you ask me.

Food at the cafe downstairs is below average. We got really sick of their breakfast after staying for 6 days. It's exactly the same every day! The only delicious breakfast worth eating is the omellette- they make it fresh in front of you.

Although it's a very average hotel, there are other better hotels nearby. If you're not on a budget, stay in Hilton instead. My other colleague loved her stay there, especailly the delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank qookie
Reviewed 13 May 2009

This hotel could be so much better. It was certainly presentable when it first opened 12(?) years ago. Check in was a mess, I had issues with reservations n could not be resolved completely for 2 days n numerous phone calls. Room was so so, no wow factor (n i stayed in the junior suite).
food was so so. location is middle of nowhere, hv 2 cab 2 evrywhere.
"spa" on 4th floor has really seen better days though i think its main purpose is still for "happy endings".

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank shazam7
Reviewed 18 February 2009

In a nutshell - this hotel is disgusting. I can't think of one redeeming feature of this place. My wife's employer used it for visiting staff until I informed them how disgusting it was and refused to stay there anymore. I have a photo of the ash-tray / litter bin outside the lift that was not emptied for three days that I will post. I didn't make an issue of it at the time because I wanted to see how long it took before an employee noticed it. It just occurs to me that either no other guest made an issue of it (perhaps an indication of the standard of guests at this place), or if they did their complaint was ignored. There is something seriously wrong with the management here.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business