Stayed there for 25 nights from mid-December till January 2012. Overall my business trip to Malaysia is about 50 nights a year and this is my third stay at this hotel and most likely be the last one.
Before I start, first and foremost, compliments to the front desk and housekeeping staff. I find them very professional, polite and courteous. My needs were attended to promptly and there is follow up call to ensure I have been attended to satisfactory.
However the security and marketing staff is from another planet. After the New Year count down as I was approach the main entrance with others, I assume hotel guests, I was the only one singled out to provide proof of residence. It was embarrassing as if I am a squatter. Now I know the feeling. Maybe I do not fit the profile of Sunway hotel guest, so be it but I will not forget this incident.
Another pet peeve is the parking arrangement and the traffic around the area. Getting in and out is a hassle at certain times and looking for a parking especially in the evenings and on weekends is a nightmare. To avoid this I tend to return late into the night.
For a guest who stayed 50 nights a year, I don't think its too much asking to have 2 complimentary tickets to the lagoon but not for Sunway management. Somehow they have different ideas which is not surprising since the occupancy rate is very high.
Amenities is excellent since the shopping mall is annex to the hotel. For 2 or 3 days stay without the need to drive out, this is a decent hotel.
I have provided the above feedback to one, John Autelitano, General Manager. To-date I have not heard from him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sunway Pyramid Hotel features 564 Deluxe guestrooms and suites, incorporating new category of family rooms and suites. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel have direct access to the leisure facilities available at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, which includes the free-form landscape swimming pool and the fitness centre. Strategically located in a bustling suburb of Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway Pyramid Hotel is 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre. The hotel forms part of the iconic integrated development Sunway City, a multi-award winning destination that offers a cluster of three (3) hotels with a total of 1,433 guestrooms, suites and pool villas, a theme park and shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Hotel also features 21 purpose-built family rooms and suites, designed to accommodate an increase in family and leisure travelers to Sunway City. The Family Room is suitable for those travelling with young children for its vibrant interiors and a bunk bed. Whereas the new Family Suite, are amongst the Hotel’s largest rooms offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like two (2) bathrooms, a mini refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to six (6) persons. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the extensive food and beverage available in the hotel and choices which are just steps away. At Sunway Pyramid Hotel, located at the hotel’s lobby level is Taste Enclave offering an exciting culinary landscape of 11 specially-selected food eateries and three mini restaurants. For those on-the-go or looking for a quick bite, Kaffeinate is located at the hotel’s main lobby, serves freshly brewed gourmet coffees, specialty teas and a range of light snacks. Alternatively, venture into Sunway Pyramid shopping mall for over 170 food and beverage choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunway Pyramid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel At Sunway Lagoon Petaling Jaya
- Pyramid Hotel At Sunway Lagoon