we went as a couple to celebrate our anniversary and stayed for 7nights half board.
upon entrance we were greeted with a ring of a bell and approached by the hotel staff who made us feel welcome and explained the layout and amenities they had to offer. we did get a free upgrade to a ocean view room which was nice and a great start.
as you walk in you get drawn into the open blacony area of the entrance and mesmerised by the colours of the water in the back ground. rooms were very spacious and free water was given daily. breakfast was nice and dinner was a different theme every night in the main dining room and the plantation had a a la carte menu for lunch and dinner.
Most watersports are free to use as a guest we went out on the paddle boat and the glass boat trip which takes you out into the water to view the coral and fishes. i was told on a good day you see sea turtles. We did parasailing which was definitely worth doing the guys on the beach do offer the various sea activities you can do we opted for the parasailing which cost us 2000 rupees which was decent as we got to go up together and enjoy the views as a couple.
The beach has amazing views i couldn't help but to take photos at every chance i got, beautiful clear water and white sandy beaches do make the trip worth the long flight to get there.
I don't usually do resort holidays but this felt different and i didn't mind spending the whole day at the hotel just kicking back and relaxing. All the staff are amazing always greeting you with a smile and going above and beyond, i actually cannot fault the service one bit they do make your trip more pleasurable.
now a few bad bits the drinks are expensive and i don't even drink alcohol, a normal size glass of coke will cost just over £4 and water just over £3 but this is the same water you get given free in the rooms but at dinner service is served in a glass bottle.
overall general costs as i didn't organise transfer upon booking i paid for a taxi at the airport which came to 2400 rupees, i would recommend changing money at the airport as they had better rates than the hotel. i hired a car out there for 2 days the driving is similar to u.k on the left hand side which cost 3200 rupees for the time we had the small car. we drove to chamarel to see the waterfall and 7 coloured earth which was definitely worth seeing. We also went to casela park and did a quad safari which was alot of fun cost of that was around 5300 rupees for entrance and quad bike safari for a hour and walk around the zoo. Taxi from the hotel to bagatelle mall was 2400 rupees can be cheaper if you find a taxi driver outside the hotel or in belle mare town which is 5-10 min walk.
Entertainment is average gets quite boring after a few days but its designed to have that classier feel to it with the jazz and piano being played at dinner. ended up at the lux hotel next door one night as it was more of a upbeat atmosphere.
Overall the good bits outweigh and of the negative comments mentioned it was a great 7 nights actually was sad to leave the place in the end definitely will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare