The first impression of this hotel was a very friendly and professional welcome. The room was located in a small bungalow (1 bungalow = 2 neighbouring rooms) in the garden-view part of the resort. The room was beautifully furnished and every room has a terrace looking to the coconut trees of the well-maintained garden.
The staff was really friendly and professional. The food was quite good and varied every evening (buffet). You can have your stay as a all-inclusive package or as we did as a half-board stay - here no drinks are included and every snack you have will be charged at the end. Although we didn't eat that much and didn't drink much alcohol and drinks, the check-out bill was substantial... (240 Euros for 5 nights) - so think about the AI or half-board option.
The beach was terrific and the water clear and blue.Normally you find somewhere a parasol and a deck-chair even if your late (around noon, or even at 2p.m.).
You have to book the glass bottom boat and the snorkeling (2 times a day) in advance - for snorkeling you are driven by boat to a spot where it is interesting (15min away); depending on the roughness of the sea and the wind, inside or outside the barrier-reef.
And don't miss sunset - just beautiful!
If you are planning to stay in the west part of mauritius, "La Pirogue" is worth to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its authenticity, La Pirogue, Mauritius is well versed in the art of Mauritian hospitality. This resort has enjoyed a solid reputation for romance and excellent service since its creation in 1976. With its warm atmosphere, wonderful beach, exquisite restaurants, lively bars, high-end Cinq Mondes Spa and the extensive recreational and sporting activities, this mythical hotel promises guests a memorable holiday. La Pirogue nestles in 14 hectares of magnificent tropical gardens where the fragrance of hibiscus and frangipani permeate the majestic coconut grove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Pirogue Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pirogue Hotel Flic En Flac
- La Pirogue Hotel Wolmar
- La Pirogue Wolmar
- La Pirogue Mauritius Flic En Flac