1,694 results
All reviewson the rockssunken bathwine tastingprivate diningluxury pavilionmain restauranttai chipool villaour honeymoongun powderwalk in wardrobechef igorthe general managerdhiren pereiraadult poolturtle baycooking class
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have recently returned from a 10 night holiday at the Oberoi Mauritius with our 10 month old son. We picked the hotel for numerous reasons - good flight times, weather good but not too hot, great reviews and the fact that they have private pool rooms (which we felt would allow us to enjoy some relaxation time whilst our son was napping). We are so pleased we picked the Oberoi and from the moment we arrived every single member of staff went above and beyond in order to ensure we had a great holiday. The service really is what sets this hotel apart from other 5 star hotels we've stayed at in Mauritius.
My son was throughly spoilt by the staff and they could not do enough to ensure we had everything we needed for him to feel happy and comfortable. He is a slightly tricky eater at the moment and the chef would literally prepare anything we asked for him, regardless of whether it was on the menu, always with no charge. They prepared him some delicious meals and I needn't have worried, as he ate better than he has for weeks!
Our private pool villa was lovely - excellent outside space with a lovely large pool and a great area for outside in villa dining. Due to our son we did eat in our villa quite often and the food and service was superb. Excellent in villa dining menu and the food was generally great.
The room itself was very nice, although slightly on the small side for a family of 3. Beautiful bathroom and lovely sunken bath.
The hotel have a trusted baby sitting agency that they recommend and we hired a baby sitter on 2 occasions so that we could eat in the Gunpowder room - once for a Creole evening and the 2nd time for Japanese. Both meals were superb, but in particular I recommend the Creole meal. So much food, but all delicious and I thought it was good value for money.
We ate at On The Rocks on one occasion, once again great service and we enjoyed the bbq style cuisine. Great setting.
The general restaurant is also good, although we preferred the Mauritian/Indian options as opposed to the European style food.
Breakfast is superb- lots of options and here the service was particularly excellent and the staff were always very eager to ensure my son had enough to eat and was being well looked after.
The hotel is extremely well maintained and the grounds are beautiful (thanks to the near constant gardening) - lovely for nice walks. The beach is very pretty and great for sunbathing, but not that great for sea swimming due to the rocks in the area. Overall very picturesque - watching the sunset from the bar, drinking a delicious cocktail is hard to beat.
Spa - lovely and I was surprised at how quiet it was. I had the most fantastic hot lava shell massage - probably the best massage I've ever had and I highly recommend Danielle.
Gym - has everything you might need.
Bar - great cocktail menu, fantastic staff. Slight lack of atmosphere, but this is due to the fact that the hotel feels very private and most people do keep to themselves. This didn't bother us at all, but if you are looking for a very social resort, then this hotel is not for you.
Overall, this is a wonderful, luxury 5 star hotel and I would have no hesitation in recommending it! We had a fantastic holiday and I would like to thank the staff for everything they did for our family.
We do hope to return, although the only slight disappointment for me is that they do not have any 2 bedroom villas, as we did find the inside room space a little cramped with our little one. However, please do not let this put you off - this is a wonderful hotel and we loved every minute of our stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon D
TheOberoiMauritius, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Oberoi for your family vacation to Mauritius. We do in fact have a two bedroom villa which was unfortunately booked during your stay with us. Further, our Presidential and Royal Villas come in two and three bedroom options, thus, suited for families. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food, service and the product on offer and we look forward to seeing you back. Thank you once again for your lovely review.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

How do you visit paradise without actually having to pass away - Visit Mauritius! No no - Visit The Oberoi Mauritius ( nothing else will do )

Excellent world class hospitality by all the team members at the hotel a clear example of great leadership by Mr. Dhiren Pereira the general manager who was warm, kind and hospitable. A special mention of Tanmay for managing our stay experience and making each moment of truth a truly memorable one, Smita who is a fine hotelier and an expert in customer engagement, Chef Daman who in the land of sea food made us Indian vegetarian food which made our trip a culinary delight and each meal was delectable, Kavish who in the restaurant served with great flair and charm.

It was for me and my family our first international vacation and the family at the Oberoi made it an out of mind, body and soul experience for each of us.

No wonder they are the best in the world...! How can they not be...?

I'd like to end my review with a quote by Mark Twain:

"Mauritius was made first, and then heaven, and that heaven was copied after Mauritius"

For us it was heaven all the way at The Oberoi.

Thank you once again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank SaigalSunil1957
TheOberoiMauritius, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. We are truly pleased that you found paradise in your Oberoi experience here in Mauritius. Thank you for mentioning the various names of team members. They have asked me to thank you on their behalf. It was a pleasure to meet you and the family during your stay with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We stayed at the Oberoi for just short of a week and had the best time. The two elements that make the Oberoi special are the service and food.

The service from the staff is absolutely exceptional and they will do what they can to please you. Nothing was ever a problem for them, and they are always smiling and friendly. There are many examples I can give throughout our stay but one that stands out is my wife found a lizard in the bathroom, which freaked her out a bit. They came in and taped up all vents, spaces and gaps to ensure it wouldn't happen again. They also made a bath with rose petals for us, just to make us feel better.

The food in the restaurant is amazing. One night I fancied something a bit different, and the chef made it for me, without any hesitation. The spa and gym are also excellent. The pool is really nice too. The only thing I found was that you have to walk around a bit to get in - its not a simple case of jumping in from anywhere.

There are too many individuals to name but a special mention to Kaleem (I think that is correct name and spelling) - he always did everything he could to make sure we had a pleasant stay. All the other staff were amazing and its what makes the Oberoi so special.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Batsman81

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on this forum. We are delighted that you enjoyed the service and food in particular on offer. Kale has asked me to thank you on his behalf for mentioning his name. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

One of the best resort in Mauritus, you are treated like royalty when you set your foot. Chef Daman and his team cooked the most amazing vegetarian food for us, so thank you to the chef and all the staff . Spa is just awesome.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 70subirm
TheOberoiMauritius, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the food of Chef Daman and the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Spa as well. We sincerely look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

From the time of arriving to the time we left fantastic hotel and service was out of this world .
The rooms are great and the sunken bath was fantastic . Rooms are well equipped and wifi was brilliant throughout the resort .
Staff could not help more they even clean your sunglasses on the beach .
The astrology lesson was amazing and the wine tasting with Babo was very interesting and taught us lots about wine .
You have to go out on the Dolphin tour as a fantastic day shame I can't remember getting off the boat back to the hotel the rum is potent .
Overall one of the best hotels we have stayed in for service beating most of the Dubai hotels .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 512Lovetravel
TheOberoiMauritius, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review of our beach resort post your recent stay with us. We sincerely are delighted that you enjoyed Mauritius and The Oberoi and tried out the various activities on offer at the resort and on the island. We eagerly await your return visit.