Constance Prince Maurice
US$529
Hotels.com
Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa(Poste Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$113
  • Breakfast included
US$336
US$318
US$288
US$280
Hotels.com
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$123
Agoda.com
Emeraude Beach Attitude(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Pool
US$323
US$226
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa, Mauritius(Poste Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$147
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
US$283
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
US$239
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

1,532 results
All reviewsfloating restaurantasian restaurantwine cellarhead sommelieron stiltsmain restaurantour honeymoonrecommend lesister hoteldim sumkids clubbeachfront villadress codebeach stafffamily suitethis wonderful hotelguest relations
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from 2 weeks in Mauritius over Easter, week 1 in Constance Prince Maurice (first time in the hotel), week 2 in the One & Only St Geran. Well that was the plan at least! We are a family of 3 from England, with a boy just turned 8. Its also our 4th trip to Mauritius and we absolutely love the island. We have now stayed in 6 hotels on the island so feel well informed. (Also stayed at Lux Belle Mare, Lux Le Morne, the Residence and the Maritim)

What can we say, well its absolutely fantastic. Don't hesitate to stay here. After leaving Prince Maurice's to head to the St Geran as we had planned, we were back within 2 days! We just didn't take to the St Geran or was it that the Prince Maurice was just better? Bit of both I think. Whilst the St Geran is bringing Dubai to Mauritius (our view is if you want Dubai go to Dubai!) but if you want Mauritius you stay at the Prince Maurice.

Truth be told, we went on a little journey with Prince Maurice, we had some issues during the first 24 hours but as we discovered if you communicate the issues they actually take them seriously and do something to fix them. And boy do they fix them.

For example, we had a miscommunication over a evening meal reservation but the way the staff dealt with this situation was stunning.

On our last night, we asked to have dinner on the beach but the weather was too windy, so instead they served us dinner in the Princely Villa! Totally unexpected but made us feel very special.

When my wife suffered with some mosquito bites, they offered up special cream to help.

Without question we will be back. If you want a hotel which instantly makes you relax, with the best food on the island (no really its outstanding and you can avoid buffets too unlike most hotels), with a stunning pool, with staff who know your name and do the little things to make you feel valued (cleaning your sunglasses, pineapple by the pool, apple with ginger juice for breakfast when it's not on the menu!), then you have the floating restaurant and bar which is stunning, the rooms are excellent (could do with adding sofa beds in the rooms for children though as opposed to the loungers).

The people who work at the hotel like Syvabelle, Jean Paul, Udesh, Mahesh really care about making your holiday special and that's actually quite rare. Its genuine too. They actually care.

The kids club was terrific too. Our son made plenty of friends both there and in the pool! The staff were also so lovely and even wrote our son a lovely letter at the end of our stay. Nice touch! We gather they were around 26 children in week 1 of Easter, probably slightly less the following week. The hotel really does have a brilliant balance so its geared to both families and couples (adults pools for example). Its just such a relaxing place to be.

So you can forget about St Geran being number one, for us it's between Lux Belle Mare and Prince Maurice for families at least (honeymooners can also check out lux le morne).

The food at Prince Maurice is slightly better than Belle Mare in my view, lux edges it on service when its busy (no issue here when normal times). it’s a slightly quieter hotel than lux with no one selling you anything on the beach which is great. The sea is also a bit calmer plus you can snorkel and see fish which is not really possible at the Lux Belle Mare.

We also met some great other families- hi Faz!

Lux Belle Mare is a slightly bigger hotel. We still have concerns over going back to Lux though because of how they kicked us out 3 years ago due to holding a wedding conference ! Can you believe that. We were sent to le morne with only a few days notice and they had a massive wedding tent on the beach in front of their beach restaurant for 3 days! Disgraceful… so such issues here though!

In 2012 Prince Maurice added their Asian restaurant (where we ate mostly for lunch), a new adults heated pool and also added family suites.

All in all, we were so impressed with the hotel. Its right up there for us and we have been fortunate enough to stay in a number of top hotels.

In conclusion, the Prince Maurice just sneaks it as the best Mauritius hotel for us and left us with the same feeling as when we booked Sani for our summer Euro holiday ie we didn't want to leave and we will rebook as soon as we can! Honestly, we loved this place and the people. Great job!

Oh and one other thing. After we returned home we were greeted by a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates as a thank you. Simply above and beyond customer experience.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank rsharrison1976
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear rsharrison1976

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review further to your stay at Constance Prince Maurice.

We were happy, proud, very touched with your feedback as it was a challenge at the beginning if you remember but we made it.
And more than that you came back to us as you were missing the place.
In our job, the hospitality sector, it is very rewarding to live such situation and to see how taking care can change somebody's experience.

Thank you once again for everything you generously shared on this platform

Please give our best regards to Dylan as well :)

Best regards

Reviewed 17 April 2018

My wife and I decided to take a trip to Mauritius to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We trawled to find the best resort possible and through a combination of tripadvisor reviews and various recommendations we settled on the Constance Prince Maurice for our 6 night stay. The resort is beautiful and serene with a gorgeous, well kept beach and very attentive (without being overbearing) service. There are nice little touches such as someone to clean your sunglasses while at the beach and complimentary pieces of pineapple. The restaurants are all a nice mix and well situated throughout the resort with the floating restaurant being in an absolute gorgeous setting. The rooms are well appointed and large with great amenities and a relaxed feel to them. As it is mauritius, alcohol is expensive but they have a lovely wine list and some great cocktails along with a happy hour at their lagoon bar for sunsets which is a must! We had one issue while on our trip, in that the resort slightly messed up our anniversary dinner. Due to various issues we could only have the dinner at the main restaurant (the floating restaurant was closed while the beach dinners were all fully booked) but were promised to have a special table. This didn't transpire and we had an ordinary (albeit very good) meal without any special touches. When we complained about it we had the sales and PR manager, Sylvabelle invite us for a drink to discuss our issues. Rather than being defensive and excusing her teams actions she wanted to understand what exactly went wrong so as to ensure that her team could learn going forward. She was sincere in her apology and proceeded to turn what was a negative experience into a fantastic one by treating us to a meal that night at the floating restaurant. On returning to our rooms we found a couple of cute gifts for ourselves and a lovely hand written note apologising for the inconvenience caused. Hotels are run by people and people make mistakes. It is not the mistakes themselves that are the issue but rather how people deal with those mistakes as I believe that mistakes are a great opportunity to turn things around and win customers over. I am very pleased to say that Sylvabelle and her team did just that by their reaction and the their genuine interest in making our stay an enjoyable and memorable one. It is for this reason that I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: The suites by the lagoon have lovely views and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daddycoolrudy

Dear daddycoolrudy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the followers of trip advisor further to your stay at Constance Prince Maurice.

I am happy to read that overall you appreciated the experience with us.
It is our philosophy that our guests should leave us happy, and it really affects us when we are made aware of an incident.

When Sylvabelle informed us that your 1st wedding anniversary had not been celebrated as it should have been, we decided to make everything we could at that stage to make your last night with us a memorable one, and we succeeded :)

Thank you for having given us the opportunity to amend and we sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again among us.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 April 2018

My family and I have visited the Prince Maurice for several years and usually stay over twice a year. On this occasion my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary without the children.

I always catch myself thinking that for a hotel that is up to 20 years old the appearance and finish of the public areas, furniture and fittings, and that of the suites, is sophisticated and pristine without the 'stuffiness'. The beach is perfect to relax and the sea calm to swim in since the location is protected by a Barachois inlet eliminating any waves.

However, the real strength of the property is the genuine charm and care of the hotel staff who behave above and beyond any of the 5* properties in Mauritius.

For us, the diamond in this nest of luxury are the exceptional quality of the restaurant cuisine and F&B staff who are trained to the highest international standards. The floating Barachois restaurant is one of the most classy and unique restaurants on the island. The food incredible. We were so touched to be offered a special menu to celebrate our anniversary. I cannot recall the last time we ate so well and to such high standards on the island.

The perfection in service even extends into the poolside and room service. We always love catching up with Mehess who always greets and treats us so warmly at the pool and personally sees that all is taken care of, to the point of meeting us a breakfast to organise sun loungers. The champagne breakfast offered on our suite veranda the following morning was also divine. Details such as a crisp table cloth placed on the table, all breakfast items being fully presented and then being asked if there was anything else we thought would complete the meal, once all items had been laid out perfectly before us, did not go unnoticed.

Congratulations and a big "Thank you" to Christophe and the entire team at the PM for giving us a truly memorable stay. We shall return later this year with our children who will not leave the kids club which is also of an exceptionally high standard and comes with a chef!

Warmest regards,

J&J

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Jonathan H

It has been our pleasure to welcome you recently at Constance Prince Maurice.
I am very happy to see that once again you enjoyed the time spent among us...

You remind us that we are turning 20 years this year :)
Maintaining the hotel is indeed our priority, we are very happy that our efforts did not go unnoticed.

The team informed me that we will probably have the pleasure to welcome you again this time with the family... we are all waiting for this moment.

In the meantime please receive my warm regards

Reviewed 11 April 2018

+ Spacious and clean rooms
+ Clean beach with a wide range of water activities
+ Good watersports activities in nearby beaches
+ Great food with very attentive service
+ Good wine selection and bar location
+ Relaxing evening ambience and entertainment
+ Family friendly atmosphere

Room Tip: Beachfront villas are great for families
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bimal S
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Bimal S

Thank you for having time to recommend us on Trip Advisor.

The team puts a lot of effort in making each moment of our guest stay matter and reading such a good review is a fantastic reward for everyone working here. Your kind and encouraging words will definitely be passed along to each member of the team.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you again at Constance Prince Maurice very soon !

Kindest regards

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

It quickly came round again - Easter at the Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius! I didn’t think it was possible to top last years visit! How wrong I was.... all the usual stars still here - Manjoola front office manager - A wonderful lady with so much time and attention to detail! Mehess and kiaran the pool staff! Simply terrific!
Rikesh- waiting staff at the barachois restaurant - one of the stars of the resort!

Christophe the General Manager seems to just exceed our expectations year after year after year! Always at hand should you need him and with a firm grip on the pulse of the hotel making sure the guests have a terrific and memorable visit!

The hotel boasts many facilities such as free kayaking, water skiing and many more! The staff on the beach were extremely knowledgeable and patient when it came to teaching me water skiing! Waiting staff on the beach always around to provide assistance with fresh towels, water, should you require it!
I must mention Dominique GREL - Resident Manager. Originally from Bordeaux and from an executive chef background working in a 3 Michelin star restaurant amongst many other talents! This gentleman provides a fresh and unique approach to the word luxury having only been at the Le Prince Maurice for some 4/5months!
In my opinion the GM and RM together provide a relaxed but outstanding service. There are many hotels on the island but trust me don’t bother with the rest only try the best! Constance Le Prince Maurice!!! We had friends who stayed here and subsequently moved to newly refurbished The One and Only St Gerain - all I can say is that they told us they had wished they had never left Le Prince Maurice!

Yes of course I’m biased I’ve stayed here many times and got married here many years ago. But just come and visit this wonderful gem in the Indian Ocean and you will find out for yourself what I mean...
we will be back again next year and hopefully many more after that too!
For all the staff that I have not mentioned apologises if I forget your names but you are all stars! Breakfast staff and manager Asian restaurant staff and manager! Just too many faces to mention!
Housekeeping staff Savesh! I think is his name, Excellent!
I am writing this review whilst still am here in Mauritius as I don’t want to forget anyone but alas, I know I have as they are all just simply a class act! Each staff member goes through a thorough recruitment process involving one year training in order to be able to work in this hotel and in my opinion the standard is unrivalled. We have visited many hotels ourselves on the island and this is the best!

Cya all on the beach some time!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunny S

Dear derrickC302

What a lovely detailed review. Many thanks for sharing your experience you are enjoying with us.

You have highlighted the various features which make our resort unique and special and I thank you for mentioning all of them. We truly believe that we are doing our best to give the client the outstanding service they expect and you described every aspect of the hotel with perfect words. We are so glad that you are thoroughly enjoying each moment with us.

We are very proud to read a review like yours. We like to have feedback on our services, our people, so thank you again for sharing this.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us. My team and I will be glad to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,