“Stunning Setting”
Review of Le Barachois

Le Barachois
Description: Stroll down a lantern-lit pontoon that heads mysteriously through mangrove trees until you find yourself in the romantic seclusion of Le Barachois. Enjoy a candlelit feast of fresh seafood as you float above the calm water of the lagoon on one of the restaurant's 5 floating decks. Opening hours: Dinner: 7.00pm - 10.30pm
Reviewed 30 March 2018

A beautiful, floating fish restaurant in a private lagoon which I believe is a nature reserve wit hits own resident shark, Johnny. Fantastic food and very good service. It is very, very quiet though. If you are in the vicinity, I would definitely recommend a visit. sadly, we didn't get to meet Johnny !

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights of our honeymoon at Prince maurice hotel and one of the included dinners was a romantic candle light dinner at Barrachois. Everything was amazing at this restaurant!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We ate here once during our week stay.The setting is beautiful. We had drinks at the floating bar before to watch the sunset which was stunning.

The restaurant staff were very polite, but we were sat on the end platoon, and for this reason wasn't waited on as much as we would expect.

We had main and dessert. I had the beef cheek with mash potato. Which was extremely fatty. I don't mind a little fat on meat, but there were chunks of jellied fat. I barely ate 1 third of it. My husband had fish, which was nice but not the standard we expected.
I had a bounty dessert which was nice, but my dessert on our BA business flight here was 100 times better!

We love fine dining food, but this menu seemed like it was trying too hard and not quite getting it.
A shame considering the beautiful setting.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Having a very nice dinner in a very special scenery ... just above the water like on a boat ! ....and if you are lucky you may see Johnny , their "sharky mascotte".

Reviewed 3 February 2018

We decided on this restaurant during out stay here and the recommendation of one of our friends. Easily the best dinner we had on the island. The entire experience was an event. Right from walking into the restaurant, as well as the frankly delectable cuisine on offer. The wine selection was excellent and the atmosphere was great. No visit here is complete, I feel, without a dinner at Le Barachois.