All reviews rooftop terrace the owner pancakes where breakfast is served family suite ten minute walk perfect hosts third floor comfortable beds fresh orange juice wonderful stay old city beautiful hotel jerome carole karol heart
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We stayed here for a week. It's a lovely relaxing quiet place beautifully decorated. Carole is welcoming, friendly and helpful. It's a great place to unwind, centrally located too. The breakfasts on the roof overlooking the sea are absolutely delicious and fresh and homemade

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

After a most comfortable stay last year, my friends and I agreed we had to stay at Karol's riad again this year.

Breakfast is varied daily & delicious, Karol has tips (& can make reservations) on tasty restaurants in all price brackets and she can also arrange riding, hamman appointments etc - a concierge service without the 5* hotel prices or stuffiness.

Ryad Lyon-Mogador is easy to find, and has great views up the coast over the crashing Atlantic waves. My friends & I will definitely be back for another stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KiwiGrrl
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is the second year in a row that my friends and I have stayed with Carole, and already we can't wait to go back. Her Ryad is lovely, traditional in style, the rooms are clean and very nicely styled and the roof terrace, where breakfast is served, has beautiful views over the old town and out to the sea. It's also a great place for stargazing at night. There are very pretty common areas to sit downstairs as well, and if you are there for more than a few minutes someone will appear and offer you mint tea. Carole, the owner, is originally from France and is one of the best hostesses I have ever encountered (and I have travelled a lot). She could not do more for her guests -- her restaurant recommendations are first class, as are all her activity recommendations, she makes any reservations you need, and even leant me her own boots to go horse riding! She is attentive and amazingly friendly and yet never ever intrusive. The breakfasts are delicious too and the whole experience feels like coming home. I couldn't recommend Carole and her lovely Ryad more highly.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights with our 4 children.
The hotel is located in an old town, 1 min walk to the market. It's not a luxury hotel- there's no tv in the room for example, but none of my children missed it at all! It lets you experience the local life and local culture. Bathrooms are very Moroccan-style with great water pressure. Rooms clean and housekeepers very friendly and helpful.
We had our laundry sent to the company that provided laundry services for the hotel- reasonably priced.
Internet connection was good, however sometimes it didn't work, which is pretty normal in Essaouira in general and not the hotels fault. The owner was resetting the routers immediately whoever we reported any problem.
This hotel is run by the family and they are most polite and helpful people.
There was a late evening we had no soft drinks left and we were a bit too tired to go out and the owners brought us some as they were going out to purchase items for breakfast.
Breakfast was the best out of everything!
Our booking stated it was a continental breakfast but we still had our omelettes cooked. Every day (10 days!) we had something else to eat. Everything fresh and tasty. Kids were getting anything they asked for. We loved the fresh peppermint tea and I'm missing it so much when back in London now. Let's not forget the breakfast was served on the roof top and it felt amazing in the morning to catch some sun rays. There's a little play room for the kids behind a lobby as you enter the hotel. The hotel feels secure, door opens using a code.
Some rooms are better than others. We had two rooms and the second one had the windows facing the indoors of the hotel so was a little dark and sometimes stuffy but good to sleep throughout the night.
I'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in riad Lyon Mogador for 2 nights! We are riad fans so this was not our first riad We stayed in, but defenitly One of the best!
The Staff was so kind and welcoming! Asking us to join them for tea, giving us tips and making us feel like home! The rooms are so very Nice with moroccan style interior and designs!
You Can stop browsing for places to stay now because you found the best riad in Essaouira!

- Eirik & Yassin