All reviews roof terrace annual festival strongly recommend this riad excellent location upgraded to a suite booked rooms breakfast is served blue sky wonderful room huge bath watch the sunset central courtyard comfortable bed lovely riad sound of the waves rooms are large the ground floor
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We stayed as a family here 5 years ago, and had a great time. We were in Essaouira again this year and popped into the Palais for lunch- the roof-top restaurant has one of the best views in town, and the food and service were both as good as we remembered. Definitely worth checking out, even if just for a coffee.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Frankly I don't understand how there is so many positive reviews for this hotel. Palais des Remparts was unfriendly, beds uncomfortable, atmosphere quite depressing and the premises much in need of repair. The best things about this hotel is the location.

We were greeted without a smile or a hello, instead we got "fill out this form". Once we were done with checkin we were told to go to the roof for a welcome drink.

The roof was empty except one staff member in the corner attending to his mobile phone. We introduced ourselves with a smile, hoping to inject some warmth into the situation.

The view is very nice from the roof. Enjoying the view, I lent over the balcony, only to discover it was freshly painted and I now had oil paint on my hands and cloths. A sign would probably have been appropriate. You would have thought that this might have got some sympathy from the staff member in charge of our welcome. Unfortunately he hardly looked up from his phone as he pointed the the toilet.... Not that water helped the oil paint much.

The rooms are a nice size. The bathrooms are also quite large.

Noise travels through the hotel so as we slept we heard the other couple of guests that were staying there.

Breakfast was pretty good but little effort was made. The bread isn't toasted and some items were still in store packaging.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NathanLES
Reviewed 26 August 2016

the best views in Essaouira. I have been coming for many years! this will definitely be where I will stay from now on. large beautifully decorated rooms. Impeccable service! The breakfast is wonderful..the panoramic views of the crashing waves..just be careful the seagulls love butter! The staff is professional and very friendly. I will return SOON!

Room Tip: Honestly most rooms are lovely. I prefer rooms with exterior windows..but higher floors quieter
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vdigo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Very nice people!!!!!!!!
Beautiful place - the room was lovely and everyday clean by the one of the best beautiful lady in the world "hanan" and we wish to find her again when we come back .
Maroc I love you.
It is a peaceful pace , organised, clean, secure and the crew are fantastic - the best I had.
The place were fantastic but the people were the best in hotel
Although we'll definitely be returning, there was also a few simple things that we think could be easily be improved to bring the hotel to 5 star rating -

Edordo maimon

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel sports a very nice rooftop terrace with a splendid view over the city, the ramparts and the sea. It's also open to non hotel guests. Very good place to have a morning coffee since they serve the best coffee in town, including a bottle of water for a very reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple