- Rude staff (actually got shouted at down the phone)
- Dishonest staff (will lie to you and your booking agent)
- Unhelpful staff (will ignore emails, I'm still waiting for a response - it's now been more than 3 weeks)
I used booking.com and entered the wrong email address. Totally my fault. Changed our schedule last minute, deciding not to stay in Essaouira for 2 nights and do a day trip instead. Tried to cancel, couldn't find the booking and assumed I didn't make one or it didn't go through. Again, appreciate this is my mistake. Saw the £180 bank charge and called the hotel asking for a refund...
I was very polite to the reservations manager and after I say it seems a little unfair to deduct the full amount, she starts screaming at me down the phone!? I really wasn't expecting a refund, at least for the full amount...I also wasn't expecting to be shouted at either.
Called booking.com 5 mins later and they called the hotel on my behalf. Booking tell me (10 mins later) that no one in the hotel speaks English!? I literally just spoke to the lady. And to be fair, her English was very good.
I don't want to go on and on about it, so to cut a long story short, there are better places out there. That's probably an understatement!
There are lots of good riads to choose from - avoid this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palais des Remparts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Des Remparts Hotel Essaouira