Riad Chbanate(Essaouira)
Dar Maya(Essaouira)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$86
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Villa Quieta(Essaouira)
Villa Gonatouki(Ghazoua)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$260
US$241
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Awful place and poor view of a true hostel business meaning. Smelly, moldy, bad beds and sofas, dirty showers and not a good atmosphere to enjoy with others travellers.
Ben, the owner, rude and childish, and his mother, who live there, don´t care about other people but themselves, creating a false english pub atmosphere, with very loud music and a noisy pool table, that make sleep a true dare. It is really sad to listen the mother complain all the time about morocco, the sunny days, the food, the people, everything! Go back to UK!
By the other hand Soukaima and Marie, the staff create a singular party hostel mood in everybody who there, making people enjoy the time and forget the cheap place you are. I wish the best to those two younglings, hoping they find a better place to hang out!

Room Tip: Find other hostel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Ben M, Manager at Dar El Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

This person has decided to attack us (me the manager mainly) because of one reason only:
He made us shut down our system as he dossed around on the setee all day by blaring music from his personal computer.
I decided that it is not regular for guests to take over the entertainment system and basically decided to do a full sound check with the hotel system.
He was unhappy about my decision to do this and so came and complained.
I was not available to talk and could not hear him over the music anyway.
Being dismissed and being full of pride he has decided to now attack and get revenge or whatever.
Based on the other things he has done since this time I only feel vindicated to stand up to this bully and not allow the threat of a bad review make him now able to dictate to me.
He had (before this review) already proven that in my mind and now this, but in all honesty I do not care and in the future will only end up telling guests about him and have a good laugh knowing I was right to maintain my tough stance, and regardless of anything he will always be an insignificant blot on the Dar El Pacha story.
We have so many happy guests I can easily generate loads of good reviews and this campaign by he and his stooges is meaningless and why under threat of being attacked here, I always just laugh!
For the record this person made a fake booking on a hostel site just to leave a bad review there, but he does not understand knowing we made him so angry only gives us satisfaction and it really does not hurt us seeing as we get so many who are suited to the place and complimentary, and the truth is that having decided on arrival he would stay for a week there was no problem other than a personal one with myself. Whoop-dee-doooo!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I could try describe my experience here; the hilarious nights, the crazy characters, the laid back feel, the excellent music. But words seem to diminish it in my mind.
All I can say is, what sort of person are you?
Are you a fussy person? Does your shower have to the right temperature? Does your bed need to be soft enough? Does the noise level need to be low enough? Then this isn't the place for you.
Are you an open minded person? Are you ready to get dragged out clubbing by two uncompromising girls? Are you willing to spend 5 minutes foraging round a fridge for your food to no avail but then have someone else offer you theirs? Are you comfortable with couples running off upstairs to have sex while the rooms are empty? Then this is your place.

There are no 'staff' and 'guests' here. There are just people, and as long as you treat people with respect, then you've found yourself a home away from home.
Ben, Jean, Soukaina, and Marie are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet if you just give them the chance.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Ben M, Manager at Dar El Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

You were here during 'the birthday party'. Quite a big night yes!
I will say thank you for the review though I am not sure it is quite fair and it sounds really wild or something!
We are a place that can be many things to many people and depending on the kind of guests we can have a good time here. I am not sure about the guests going to rooms for what you say but I suppose as long as they are adults and that they have paid for the room then I can't argue though not sure the need for mention here but never mind!
It also almost sounds like we don't have hot showers and comfy beds which I would refute but I am sure you are just wording things in such ways and I know you are giving us a good review ultimately so thanks very much. Hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Awesome time in Dar El Pacha!!There is a nice energy here! The place is so confortable, spacious, very clean; the stuff is conformed by Lovely people, and it is located in a good point, in the heart of Essaouria. Don't miss it! For sure I will visit it next time again!

Stayed: September 2015
Ben M, Manager at Dar El Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Great having you with us! Always nice to have a Uruguayan here!.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Amid the plethora of mundane, repetitive hostel experiences, my stay at Dar El Pacha was different for all the right reasons. Ben and Jean are proud of their hostel (as they should be!) having started from scratch to create a social space resplendent in appearance and full of heart, soul and identity.

Excellent facilities are a given (free wifi and pool table, hot showers, laundry services etc) and the rooms are affordable (Ben was even kind enough to offer me a reduced rate the longer I stayed). Oh, and a beautiful terrace.

Ben is a fascinating and likeable character with an exceptional taste in film and music; indeed, you will often see him behind the scenes curating the evening’s playlist to match the atmosphere each night. Jean is also a gem (hi Jean!) who is always around for a game of cards or a friendly chat. She works tremendously hard to keep things clean and make sure things run smoothly. Not to forget the two hosts Maria and Souukaina who are so easygoing that I ended up hanging out with them day and night (we basically lived in each other’s pockets for two weeks). *** [Dedication: Maria even sprinted to the bus station with seconds to spare to pass me my laptop after I had somehow unknowingly left it behind - I can't thank her enough].

New friends, new memories, and overall a truly unique hostelling experience... Dar El Pacha became a home away from home. Till next time

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Ben M, Manager at Dar El Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Your kind words mean a lot to all of us,
Until next time....

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Very laid back environment where you can just be yourself. The two girls hosting were friendly, funny, and surprisingly good at pool. Honestly could've spent an eternity there just sitting and talking and chilling with all the fascinating characters. If you wish you'd been born in the 60s, don't. Just come to hotel Dal el Pasha

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Ben M, Manager at Dar El Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Nice one. Yes the girls are also being trained on the pool table.
Nobody represents me without being able to pot a few balls!