All reviews staff was very friendly and helpful sand boarding beautiful garden hostel grass sandboarding gate
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The place seems extremely new, facilities are in great shape. The dorm room that I stayed in was extremely spacious and well maintained. The kitchen was the cleanest that I’ve seen, with sparkling refrigerators.

A huge pitfall is no free wifi. One has to pay another N30 for wifi access.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We spend one night there with our group after a 2 week wildlife session. Was great to have a warm and proper shower after this time and also that we could stay in a room with the group. A really nice place especially for backpackers which is definitely to recommended :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank VreniJulie
Reviewed 2 July 2016

my friends and I spent a few nights at this lovely backpackers hostel. I stayed in an ensuite room which was decorated to a high standard, clean and extremely comfortable. It was nice to have such a lovely hot shower after camping in the desert! The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leahzul
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Visited this backpackers at the end of Dec 15. Had a pleasant stay and met interesting people during my stay. Even met a local South African celeb at Dessert sky on our 1st day there. I recommend dessert sky to any one.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank rohanrautenbach
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Spent 3 nights at Desert Sky Backpackers in Swakopmund. The place is clean, organized and nicely designed.

The hostel does extremely well on things I usually look for: the wifi is relatively good (one of the better wifi connections I've had in Southern Africa); the kitchen is very well stocked so self-catering is easy; beds are comfy; showers have decent pressure and hot water; and the hostel is very well located in Swakopmund. There's also a nice braai area and TV room to hang out and meet people.

The only downside is that the hostel is a little on the pricier side, especially given that breakfast isn't included. But overall a great choice for budget travelers to Swakop.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo