“Great backpackers place to meet other travelers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swakopmund
Desert Sky Backpackers
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I stayed in a 3 bed dorm for my entire duration. The place was clean and the service was decent. There was an older white lady, who was around during the day and a local Namibian that helped out. They were always ready to help out with booking tours - skydiving, sandboarding, rental cars.

It has a decent sized kitchen to cook meals and store food. There were lots of other backpackers, which was great. I went on a trip to Sosuflei with them. There was a lounge with a big TV, some of us watched movies and football. There was an outdoor bench to hang out and a section with grass where the tenters had their tents.

Overall, the place was great. There are 3 public showers and a couple of toilets. There was parking for visitors as well,,. I think for free. I never used it.

I would go back again.

Room Tip: Go with the 3 bed dorm room. The other dorm room was 6 or 8.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 October 2016

The place seems extremely new, facilities are in great shape. The dorm room that I stayed in was extremely spacious and well maintained. The kitchen was the cleanest that I’ve seen, with sparkling refrigerators.

A huge pitfall is no free wifi. One has to pay another N30 for wifi access.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We spend one night there with our group after a 2 week wildlife session. Was great to have a warm and proper shower after this time and also that we could stay in a room with the group. A really nice place especially for backpackers which is definitely to recommended :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank VreniJulie
Reviewed 2 July 2016

my friends and I spent a few nights at this lovely backpackers hostel. I stayed in an ensuite room which was decorated to a high standard, clean and extremely comfortable. It was nice to have such a lovely hot shower after camping in the desert! The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leahzul
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Visited this backpackers at the end of Dec 15. Had a pleasant stay and met interesting people during my stay. Even met a local South African celeb at Dessert sky on our 1st day there. I recommend dessert sky to any one.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends